Anathema - new album in June

MelbCro

Feb 25, 2011
7013_10152288187258629_412115567_n.jpg

ANATHEMA return in June with 'distant satellites', their brand new studio album.

Due to be released on 9th June via Kscope, 'distant satellites' is the highly anticipated follow up to 2012’s Weather Systems, recorded at Cederberg Studios in Oslo, with producer Christer-André Cederberg.

The beautifully ethereal artwork was created by Korean new media artist Sang Jun Too and based around his Distant Light Installation

The band released a statement on their new album:

“distant satellites is the culmination of everything ANATHEMA been working up to so far in our musical path. It contains almost every conceivable element of the heartbeat of Anathema music that it is possible to have.

There is beauty, intensity, drama, quietude, and extra musical dimensions that the band have previously only hinted at. All built on the song writing chemistry of Daniel, John and Vincent ~ and the haunting voice of Lee Douglas.

Produced and mixed once again by our very own Christer-André Cederberg - Producer/Mixer/Engineer (Weather Systems, Universal) and with some songs also mixed by the unassailable Steven Wilson - Official page, It's a special and unique release for the band.

ANATHEMA hopes the fans get as much joy from listening to and feeling the music as we did in creating it.”

:worship:

Can't wait for this. I love everything this band releases.

The track list has been revealed

1. The Lost Song part 1 (5:54)
2. The Lost Song part 2 (5:45)
3. Dusk (dark is descending) (6:00)
4. Ariel (6:29)
5. The Lost Song part 3 (5:22)
6. Anathema (6:41)
7. You're Not Alone (3:27)
8. Firelight (2:43)
9. Distant Satellites (8:18)
10. Take Shelter (6:07)

1. The Lost Song part 1 (5:54)
2. The Lost Song part 2 (5:45)

"Well, the two-parter we opened our last album with was pretty much the best bit of songwriting anyone has seen this century, so why not give that trick a go again?"

Produced and mixed once again by our very own Christer-André Cederberg - Producer/Mixer/Engineer (Weather Systems, Universal)

I would just like to take this opportunity to again mention how awesome and essential-for-Anathema-fans Mr. Cederberg's own 'Stille Opprør' project is.

In fact, I pointed this out here in 2010, and for their very next album, Anathema hired on Cederberg as their producer. Coincidence? I think not! Clearly the Anathema boys were reading this forum, listened, said "whoa, this skyrefuge knows his shit! We ought to find a way to work with this Cederberg fellow one day!" Thus I hereby take at least 50% of the credit for the awesomeness of the result of that collaboration, 'Weather Systems' (and now also 'Distant Satellites', assuming there is sufficient awesomeness to take credit for).

Stille Opprør - Disquietude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvPQGprn6zQ

this is one of those albums that you remember for the time in your life when it came out,where you were and what you were doing while listening to it for the first time what was happening

Its that special(and the things and places and people I have been around while this was playing makes these next 2weeks even more epic

Can't see anything coming out even remotely comeing close to this for album of the year and is probably already a contender for my top 5 of the decade

Wonder if this would be a good choice for prog power