Angel Dust ???

James

Feb 27, 2002
Atlanta
www.torquestra.com
Does anyone have any idea what's going on with Angel Dust? According to their "official fan club website", it appears that the guitarist and the bass player are the only ones remaining in the band?

Does anyone happen to know whether or not they played at the Milwaukee Metal Fest this past weekend (July 26th-27th)?

I read that Ritchie Wilkison (guitars) drove all the way from Indianapolis to Milwaukee and that Frank Banx told him there that they were not going to play. I guess they cancelled their presentation in the last minute.

I was at Metalfest--

Banx came out to introduce Tad Morose, and took that time to explain that Angel Dust wouldn't be playing because half the band got held up in customs trying to leave Europe. He had flown in first on a separate plane, but the others never made it. What a drag! I traveled from Las Vegas for the show, and Angel Dust were my favorite band on the bill... As for a band breakup, nothing was mentioned of that, hopefully just a bad rumor!

Incidentally, the festival went fairly well, aside from Angel Dust's cancellation. Schedules stayed fairly tight, and the crowd was pretty 'well behaved'... One band that went over very well amongst the melodic power fans was Twisted Tower Dire out of Washington D.C. Worth checking out if you're into Iron Maiden, Helloween, etc....

I spoke with someone who ran the show. I was told this:

The bass player flew in, the rest of the members missed their flights. He kicked them out based on this and the other troubles he has supposedly had with them.