Angra Has Officially Broken Up!

Whew, I was pretty pissed for a day or two there. Man what the fuck happened? Are Angra being sued by their management or vice versa or just what the diddly cock is the situation. I'm not trying to pry at personal stuff just would like to know why one of the best Power Metal bands is in business limbo.

Whew, I was pretty pissed for a day or two there. Man what the fuck happened? Are Angra being sued by their management or vice versa or just what the diddly cock is the situation. I'm not trying to pry at personal stuff just would like to know why one of the best Power Metal bands is in business limbo.

Alright, so I do not know anything specific about this situation, but I believe they are in the process of either changing management or trying to gain all creative/producing/writing/etc. rights. And I quote, from their 12/7/2007 press release regarding their lack of new album news (after Aurora Consurgens):

Our will, while musicians, is to worry about the music, the artistic and creative part of the band. Unhappily, however, no band would survive without the bureaucratic part that, if not very organized and clear, could disturb the whole rest. That’s why it was necessary for us to take a break in everything that we were doing, and to begin to put the house again in order.
The first step, and maybe the most crucial, is the change in the management and in the whole administrative structure of Angra. These are fundamental changes to us, so that we can once again focus our objectives in the art, and not in papers and documents. Being a transformation of great proportions, it demands time and a lot of work to be carried out, and we are putting all our energy into it so that we can finish the process as fast as possible, and then make what we really love again: to play.

Read it all http://www.angra.net/news.aspx#noticia103

Kashford wrote
RIP Angra, you got me through a lot of shitty moments in life!!!!

terry_miss.jpg

?

it's pretty much water-under-the-bridge..but they really had no business taking the "Angra" name when the split happened. They did it for financial reasons..marketing, etc.

A breakup/the members forming a new band under a different name really is long overdue.