Angra Wants To Do 20th Anniversary Show/DVD With Andre Matos!

I'm all for seeing the two sides back together again, however, if you're doing a 20th anniversary show with Andre, you are going to only play material from the first three albums..... Much as I prefer those discs, I'd hate to ignore the last four albums just to have Andre for a show. If (through some MIRACLE) they could pull off both Andre AND Edu I'd do cartwheels!

I'm all for seeing the two sides back together again, however, if you're doing a 20th anniversary show with Andre, you are going to only play material from the first three albums..... Much as I prefer those discs, I'd hate to ignore the last four albums just to have Andre for a show. If (through some MIRACLE) they could pull off both Andre AND Edu I'd do cartwheels!

If you watched the video and read the title they're talking about a 20th year anniversary for Angels Cry. Edu was just let go/left as he can't sing those songs anyway anymore. The treat is to have the main contributor to Angras song writing back in the band, who hasn't been there for years and can sing all of the cds combined. While Temple of Shadows was great and all, you can keep Edu.

Yea but they put that out there, here's to hoping he can change his mind.. it's not like we're the only ones that want him to get back with Angra. There's big bucks behind it.

They didn't just put that out there. They actually approached Andre and talked to him about the possibility and Andre wasn't interested.

Here's how it went:

"Andre, we want to do an Angels Cry tour. It could possibly do very well financially and it'd be nice for the fans as well. What do you say?"

"-Not interested. Thanks."

A week later, the news are out:

"ANDRE MATOS ANNOUNCES SOLO TOUR TO PAY TRIBUTE TO ANGELS CRY 20 YEAR ANNIVERSARY"

They didn't just put that out there. They actually approached Andre and talked to him about the possibility and Andre wasn't interested.

Here's how it went:

"Andre, we want to do an Angels Cry tour. It could possibly do very well financially and it'd be nice for the fans as well. What do you say?"

"ANDRE MATOS ANNOUNCES SOLO TOUR TO PAY TRIBUTE TO ANGELS CRY 20 YEAR ANNIVERSARY"

wat

Well, all I can say is that Angra will see me at the show (with Matos) wherever it is, whenever they do it. This is my ultimate bucket list event in life, and I hope some of you will join me.

Preferably in Atlanta, but hey, I'll go to Sao Paulo if I have to. :)

Well, all I can say is that Angra will see me at the show (with Matos) wherever it is, whenever they do it. This is my ultimate bucket list event in life, and I hope some of you will join me.

It's been on my bucket list since I can remember too.They were one of the first bands that I found when I got into metal. To see them would be a dream come true.

I don't know how I'd make it to Sao Paulo, but I'm willing to try. Really, I'm just hoping for anywhere in Canada / the U.S.

I see the Matos/Angra thing the same way I see Gn'R/Slash.

Although many of us want to see it happen, the people involved don't want it. So we all just need to accept it and move on and quit our bitching :-(

Here's how it went:

Right, I mean they made the gesture first. It's not like he'd have to be with them permanently if he was that opposed to them given the things he's stated about Angra. Though.. one could say this is generating even more interest.. High profile Fabio who fronted Kamelot recently now fronting Angra, them at the cruise, Edu out, an open slot for Brazilian talent, thousands of fans wanting to see them back together.. now conflict between the two camps..

WHERE IS THIS HAPPENING

I have never seen Angra and want to WITH ALL MY METAL SOUL.

It's been on my bucket list since I can remember too.They were one of the first bands that I found when I got into metal. To see them would be a dream come true.

I don't know how I'd make it to Sao Paulo, but I'm willing to try. Really, I'm just hoping for anywhere in Canada / the U.S.

Me too! Have seen "Angra" with Edu at Progpower, but not with Matos. I'd also be willing to try to make it out to Brazil for this one time event. If Matos rejoined Angra I'm thinking Matos would finally be able to find a way to come to the US after all this time.

Matos is my favorite singer, have been a huge fan since Angels Cry and will have to find a way to make it out there somehow if/when it happens. Hope to also finally get an Angels Cry tshirt of my own one of these years too. A signed one to go along with a signed cd would make me a very happy metalhead.

Matos is my favorite singer, have been a huge fan since Angels Cry and will have to find a way to make it out there somehow if/when it happens. Hope to also finally get an Angels Cry tshirt of my own one of these years too. A signed one to go along with a signed cd would make me a very happy metalhead.

There's one on ebay right now for $100. I really wish I could but it's $100 less I need to save for the Agra trip if it happens.

Watching the DVD now with Fabio. :headbang: CD also arrived. Ordered the blu but got the DVD instead. Contacted the guy to tell him to change the listing so no else gets standard definition.