Annette of Nightwish walks off stage!

You can start with this one straight from the mills

Now, let the speculations begin...

Edit: link #1 corrected

Last edited by a moderator:
I know she is divorced with a young son. Could it be that she got hit as she was getting on the plane with papers to strip her of her son courtesy of her ex?

Or maybe she happened to kill a panda before the set, and she knew the Chinese mafia that smuggled it in would deal with her after the show....

I said what I said because Marco said "Some heavy s##t". That sent the red lights flashing. Obviously what I said would be extremely heavy on anyone.

Dammit I can't access YouTube at work. What did Marco say about it?

-MetalRose

PS Your link doesn't work!

Link fixed.:)

Marco quote: "... our vocalist was not, really not to doing this kind of heavy s**t right now ... so I'm very sorry for that, and for you and for her ... because she's got some very intense trouble right now and we can't really help it... "

I really feel bad for her right now, and for what she maybe going through, but I am not going to speculate as to what it is. I am sure there will be something posted soon about it.

I saw Nightwish last May and was quite impressed by Annette's vocals and stage presence. Hope things work out for her and the band.

I saw Nightwish last May and was quite impressed by Annette's vocals and stage presence. Hope things work out for her and the band.
Aw me too. Damn, that's sad. I feel really bad for her and the other guys. It's gotta be bad for her to have done that. She struck me as being very dedicated and professional from what I've seen of her. Best wishes to them all.

Since when do you have to censor the word "shit" on this forum? The hell people?

As for the speculation, is that really necessary? I mean, while she is a public figure and people will talk about her, it seems totally retarded to go "omg, she broke down on stage, maybe she's losing custody of her kid". I mean, i'm not a respectful guy most of the time and I honestly think her voice fucking sucks and nightwish has gone to shit, no small part due to her sucking. But honestly, that even bothers ME that you feel the need to come up with a reason.

If they decide to put out a press release explaining it, then they do. If they don't, then just leave it be.

Wow. That's unfortunate. I'm not a fan, but I feel bad for her just the same. I would imagine you'd have to be dealing with some fairly intense emotions to react like that. I hope she's able to resolve the issues that led to that. Kudos to the fans for not taring up the place.

Zod

My feelings are, this is her job, and when you work, personal life needs to put in the backburner when on stage. I feel bad for her, no matter what it is, but don't step foot on stage in the first place if you are not going to finish the show or if you are not in the right mindset, but like i said, it is a job and fans were left not getting their moneys worth. I would of been pissed, especially since I am broke and if I find the money to go to a show, I better damned well get at least a full set whether they suck or not.

My feelings are, this is her job, and when you work, personal life needs to put in the backburner when on stage. I feel bad for her, no matter what it is, but don't step foot on stage in the first place if you are not going to finish the show or if you are not in the right mindset, but like i said, it is a job and fans were left not getting their moneys worth. I would of been pissed, especially since I am broke and if I find the money to go to a show, I better damned well get at least a full set whether they suck or not.

This.

However, they did cancel 4 shows, probably because Anette didn't feel like she could deliver on stage. This one time may have just been that she felt like she could do it, and in the middle of an emotionally-charged song, she just lost it. It's easy to have your emotions heightened by a song, especially if you're already in an emotionally vulnerable state.

I still feel it was unprofessional, but given that they cancelled four shows already, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt this once.

Since when do you have to censor the word "shit" on this forum? The hell people?

As for the speculation, is that really necessary? I mean, while she is a public figure and people will talk about her, it seems totally retarded to go "omg, she broke down on stage, maybe she's losing custody of her kid". I mean, i'm not a respectful guy most of the time and I honestly think her voice fucking sucks and nightwish has gone to shit, no small part due to her sucking. But honestly, that even bothers ME that you feel the need to come up with a reason.

If they decide to put out a press release explaining it, then they do. If they don't, then just leave it be.
I jumped the gun, and I apologize for that. As for the word "s##t" being censored, that was my own doing. We are keeping our speculations private from this point.

But, to bring a point that others made, I am stunned that she left the stage like that. For all the things I fault Tarja for, I can say that she always finished a show. Even when she was sexually assaulted on stage in Mexico, and NOBODY would have blamed her if she did not finish that show, she still came out and finished the show. Anette, and I stand here and say I support Anette 110% as Nightwish frontwoman, should have taken a few minutes to compose herself and then come back out to finish the show. What she did, unless she had a damn good reason for it, was unprofessional and one cannot blame the fans for being pissed.

Anette's statement, courtesy of the Nightwish forums:

Since I joined NW, I was aware of the responsibility it meant, and the tough things I'd have to face. I always tried to do the very best I could to be up to the confidence put on me. Being a vocalist by itself is a tough job. Even more to be the NW vocalist, since it has a bigger complexity, given the high technical level of the band, also due to the band's history, so that when I came they were already on the best moment of their careers. In spite of this honor, when you enter a band the relationship with the audicence can be very difficult, since you feel that you don't want to disappoint anybody. Due to this, nothing I say now can express, my sorrow and frustration for not being able to finish the show in BH.

On stage, the excessive amount of smoke was irritating my vocal cords and when I felt my voice was beginning to go, I ended up in desperation and had to leave the stage. The band tried to gain time so I could recover but I had no way of coming back, since I was not able to sing. I myself could not understand why my voice had gone. I think I had too much of an emotional breakdown since I was concerned for not wanting to disappoint anybody at the moment,since we were all planing DPP as something amazing here in south america. I knew the band had always had a nice relationship with Brazil and they were always describing the brazilian audience as the most enthusiastic and receptive in the world.

I'd like to apologize, with all my heart, to all those who were at the BH show who, somehow, feel disappointed because of me, and for making people of brazil feel this way, when you've been so nice to the band. I hope you will give me another chance to finish here what this time I wasn't able to do this time the way that I always like to, which is the biggest thing in my life: to sing.

Anette Olzon

Well, all should be forgiven. I hope. Please forgive us for holding any doubts.