Anthrax - Among the Living Concerts

That's pretty cool. In the past year though, they have been pretty much playing about 75% of the album anyhow. Good marketing gimmick though to get people to come.

Considering this album ends with 3 weak songs (One World, Horror Of It All,
Imitation Of Life), it would have been better to play Spreading The Disease which is a better and more consistent album.

Iced Ray said:
Considering this album ends with 3 weak songs (One World, Horror Of It All,
Imitation Of Life), it would have been better to play Spreading The Disease which is a better and more consistent album.

Weak? As compared tooooooo what? Horror Of It All is one of my all time fav Thrax tunes. Imitation of life has some of the meanest riffs in Anthrax. One World is a great metal tune.

Granted, Spreading is my favorite Thrax album, but dude... :headbang:

Jasonic said:
For a much more entertaining discussion, ask Iced Ray how he feels about Charlie and Scott....

Don't get me started, Betty. :p

On a side but related note, its such a damn shame that Scott and Charlie have whored up this reunion with Joey and Dan Spitz because I am really appreciating the Bush/Caggiano line up more than ever. WHCFYA was really a fantastic record overall and it seemed like the band finally found its footing since Sounds of White Noise.

Iced Ray said:

On a side but related note, its such a damn shame that Scott and Charlie have whored up this reunion with Joey and Dan Spitz because I am really appreciating the Bush/Caggiano line up more than ever. WHCFYA was really a fantastic record overall and it seemed like the band finally found its footing since Sounds of White Noise.

White Noise is the only Bush era album I have heard in its entirety (and it has been a while) I recall liking the album alot. I only saw the Bush line-up live once and songs like "Only" were great live.

Live though, it never matched up to seeing them on the Among the Living or State of Euphoria tours.

I saw the reunion line-up once last year, and you know what? It kicked ass! From what I have heard from others, they keep getting tighter and tighter. I wonder if they will record or not....

Creeps said:
Horror Of It All is one of my all time fav Thrax songs. Imitation of life has some of the meanest riffs in Anthrax. One World is a great metal tune.

I'm with you 100%. One World is one of my favorite Anthrax tunes. All three are great songs. I suppose this is why I've always kept ATL in my Top 5 albums - I think every song on it is rock solid. I will be making the roadtrip to Milwaukee to see this for sure. This is a dream come true for me!

Although, I would have NO problem seeing STD in it's entirety. I'd travel for that, too.

Too bad this tour is not coming anywhere near New York or New Jersey if it was I would be there. I love Anthrax and Rob Zombie always puts on a good show. I saw Anthrax open for Judas Priest last year at the Borgata in Atlantic City, NJ and it was an amazing performance. I am considering going to see Rob Zombie, Godsmack, and Shinedown in September at the PNC Bank Art Center in Holmdel, NJ.

Iced Ray said:

Wow, surprising that you feel this way! I'm the complete opposite. I lost interest in Anthrax after Persistence of Time. IMO, that was their last great album. I think the reunited Anthrax and Testament should go out on the road together! I'd stand in line for days to get those tickets!

edgeofthorns said:
Wow, surprising that you feel this way! I'm the complete opposite. I lost interest in Anthrax after Persistence of Time. IMO, that was their last great album. I think the reunited Anthrax and Testament should go out on the road together! I'd stand in line for days to get those tickets!

While I enjoyed early Anthrax, I just think that band was at its strength with the Bush/Caggiano line up. Sounds of White Noise was a good debut album for Bush. However, Stomp 442 was not as good and Volume 8 was the worst Anthrax album of all time, a real stinker. The band seemed to have completely lost their way by that time.

But We Have Come For You All seemed to have really re-energized the band. I don't know if it was Caggiano alone but the band seemed to get a kick start and belted out a really terrific album (their best in years and one of their best overall) and live they were as tight as I had ever seen them (and yes, I have seen them with Belladonna in the 80's and also on the recent reunion tour).

As for Belladonna and Spitz, Joey seems like a cool guy but his voice is not as powerful as Bush and Spitz is a poser and a moron, always has been.

Jasonic said:
Yeah, but Dan Spitz' brother was in Black Sabbath, which makes Dan Spitz (by association) cooler than anyone else in Anthrax....

No, that would be John Bush because he actually was in 2 good metal bands. :p

Iced Ray said:
No, that would be John Bush because he actually was in 2 good metal bands. :p

Yeah, but John Bush is a complete dork. I mean he is like the epitome of a nerd who wound up in a band. I didn't care for his stage presence the one time I saw him front 'Thrax. He didn't seem very comfortable.