Any chance of seeing Nightingale on Rock Band?

Lurena

New Metal Member
Jan 25, 2010
USA
Hello!

I remember a few years ago Nightingale had posted a link on their Myspace page to try and get votes for their songs to appear in Guitar Hero (I believe it was either Guitar Hero II or Guitar Hero III). I, of course, voted, but I believe that they weren't chosen to appear on the game. Which really sucks, because it would've been AWESOME if their songs showed up in Guitar Hero.

As an avid gamer and music lover, I enjoy playing games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Rock Band recently released their "Rock Band Network" where artists can upload their own songs and have them appear for download on the Rock Band site for fans to play in Rock Band.

The information for Rock Band Network can be seen here: http://www.rockband.com/zine/rbn-tracks-day-one http://www.rockband.com/news/rbn-music-store-goes-live <-- Another article

When they first announced it, I immediately thought of Dan Swano and Nightingale. How awesome would it be to play songs like "Shadowman" and "One of the Lonely Ones" or even "The Glory Days" on Rock Band?

I suppose you could make the argument that it's just a silly video game, but for folks like me who adore rock gods like Nightingale, it's the next best thing to being there in concert with them, air guitaring their way through their favorite songs.

I think this is definitely something Nightingale should check out. You can earn money in the process, too. ;) Just a little perk.

I do want you to know that if you guys do look into this Rock Band Network and decide to release your songs on it, I will be one of the very first to download them and rock out in my living room. :) And even if you guys decide this isn't something you'd want to do, I'd still love you guys anyway. :p

Love you, Nightingale. You guys rock!!

<3!!

While I agree that it would be a lot of fun to play some Nightingale Songs (A Lesson in Evil pleeeeeease...I think I'm the only one that has that as their favourite NG song), I honestly don't see it happening. At least not by the game developers hands. Nightingale just doesn't have the kind of push that most of the bands that appear on those games do.

As far as the RBN situation goes, I did read they released the tools out there, but I haven't heard of anything actually being done with them. Add to the fact that it seems the GH/RB type games are either in a slump or losing their attractiveness to gamers because of over-saturation and you can see that it's very unlikely NG will make it into the game. I wish I could say otherwise but I'm trying to be realistic here. I really enjoy the games, but I know I won't see my favourite bands in the games for the most part.

It's a good idea for sure, and I don't want to be a downer on it. But it is what it is. :\

i would love to see nightingale be on rock band, every part of it would be awesome

i have to agree with mosquito though, and if someone told me nightingale would be on the next rock band, i wouldnt believe them :lol:

but it would convince me to buy rock band haha

While I agree that it would be a lot of fun to play some Nightingale Songs (A Lesson in Evil pleeeeeease...I think I'm the only one that has that as their favourite NG song), I honestly don't see it happening. At least not by the game developers hands. Nightingale just doesn't have the kind of push that most of the bands that appear on those games do.

As far as the RBN situation goes, I did read they released the tools out there, but I haven't heard of anything actually being done with them. Add to the fact that it seems the GH/RB type games are either in a slump or losing their attractiveness to gamers because of over-saturation and you can see that it's very unlikely NG will make it into the game. I wish I could say otherwise but I'm trying to be realistic here. I really enjoy the games, but I know I won't see my favourite bands in the games for the most part.

It's a good idea for sure, and I don't want to be a downer on it. But it is what it is. :

"A Lesson In Evil" is the song that got me into Nightingale. It's my favorite song, right next to "Shadowman," "The One," "One of the Lonely Ones," "The Dreamreader," ...okay, crap, I have a lot of favorite Nightingale songs, haha.

Anyway, I was just wondering if Nightingale would try out the Rock Band Network (for those of you who don't know, it's a new tool where artists can upload their own music and use tools to set instrument parts to it, then release it for sale on the download site for players to buy and enjoy), as I have seen a lot of other bands had jumped in to try it out. Actually, the Rock Band Network had over 100 new songs released by artists that used the tools to upload their own work onto it, Lacuna Coil being one of them. I think that's rather successful, but that's me.

I actually work at a video game store, and if anything, Rock Band is still ridiculously popular. We can't keep it in stock, and we constantly have people coming in asking for instruments and for online cards to buy songs. From what I'm aware of, it's pretty much the same for many other folks. If anything, most folks have Rock Band / Guitar Hero already, hence the slowdown in actual band kit sales, but as far as instrument sales, they're doing very well.

I'm not trying to start an argument, haha, just wanted to see if Nightingale had heard about it and if it'd be something they'd be interested in doing, because I remember that they tried to get their songs into Guitar Hero a few years ago. Just thought I'd throw out a tip in their favor. :)

I don´t know what rock band is :oops:

Basically, it's Dance Dance Revolution, but with "instruments." They give you a game pad in the shape of an instrument (guitar and drums, for example) and you're supposed to hit buttons in concert with a song playing on the game. It's pretty simple, but it gets tricky when they make you play something like Dragonforce (or is DF only in Guitar Hero?).

I think you can make your own tracks using an editor, no idea how to edit it. So technically someone could put Nightingale on GH / RB2 just by doing it themselves. Wouldn't be official though. =)