Any questions for Dynazty?

I'm curious about their slight style change. Others have described it as being like a different band, but you can hear bits and pieces of Renatus in the Sultans album, and seems like a normal progression to my ears.

I suppose my question would be why the change? Was it just a natural band evolution or were they intentionally trying to capture a different demographic to broaden their audience? If it's the latter it worked for me.

Related question: At what point in the process....writing, recording, post-production, etc....did the band realize they had a truly "special" album on their hands? Not that the old stuff isn't solid, but they really kicked it up a bunch of notches with Renatus, as I'm sure most would agree.

I'm not sure if you'll be talking to George Egg, but if so, would you mind asking him how he developed his "double bass" playing style? It's rather unorthodox for this style of music, but it sounds great.

By the way, I was trying to think of a question for Anubis Gate before you had that interview, but all I could think was, "Why are you guys so awesome?"

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Ask them about their band name. Totally dig the band; I think their tunes are rocking. That name is up there with Edguy and Pink Cream 69 levels of goofy. Ask them if that's intentional. :)

I'm curious about their slight style change.

Slight? Seriously? I'll give you that 'S.O.S' was definitely moving in the new direction. But the stuff prior to that was 80's metal redux all the way through to the chewy center.

Even the disc title 'Renatus' means 'Rebirth' with the band breaking out of a giant egg...etc. Really hard to miss that imagery.

And by the way, I'm not down on 80's metal redux. I love some of the current bands playing in that style. I just think it's silly to call Dynazty's change "slight".

My only other exposure to the band was SoS, and I could definitely hear the makings of Renatus in those tunes so it wasn't a jarring transition like most experienced. To dismiss my point of view as silly is a bit much, though. You can disagree without being disagreeable. It's all good, though. Dynazty recorded an album I'll be spinning a decade from now, and for that I'm grateful.

Since they said they will play Renatus in its entirety will that be the only stuff they play?

Since Renatus is a concept album, can they provide more details on the story and concept, beyond what's in the lyrics?