Anyone going to the Moonspell show @ the Masq next Thursday

Well I got my tickets late last week, the wife and I will be there. Seems like a lot from here are going as well. Anyone know if Moonspell performs "Luna" on the tour?

I'm upset that Katatonia (according to a setlist I saw) won't be doing any songs from Tonight's Decision. I like this album quite a bit

They've been mixing up there a set by about 4-5 songs from what I've seen-- For My Demons & Had to (Leave) have been played at some shows.....

From the setlists I saw, I was also disappointed that there were no songs from "Tonight's Decision." Overall, I was very pleased with the setlist I saw, though.

That being said, Atlanta crowd: help me chant "FOR MY DEMONS!" over and over and over again so they play it. That is the song that hooked me on the band.

By the by, I'll be wearing either a Joy Division or Dead Can Dance t-shirt. I'll also be yelling "KATATONIA!" constantly before the show begins.

I wish they would play stuff from Sin/Pecado, but I doubt that will ever happen as it's probably considered to be their Cold Lake.

I agree that's a good album, and I don't know why there is so much animosity towards it. They changed their sound but not in a commercial direction; if they tried to do grunge, then yeah, it would be selling out. As it stands, it's probably my least favorite Moonspell album, but that's not exactly an insult. :headbang:

Some of the Katatonia set lists (thanks to the Braveboard):
Poughkeepsie, NY:
Leaders
Soil's Song
Deadhouse
Teargas
Sweet Nurse
Ghost Of The Sun
July
My Twin
Evidence
Murder

Bedford, NH:
Leaders
Deliberation
Deadhouse
Teargas
Sweet Nurse
Ghost Of The Sun
Criminals
My Twin
Evidence
Murder

New York City:
Leaders
Soil's Song
Cold Ways
Deadhouse
Teargas
Tonight's Music
For My Demons
Ghost Of The Sun
Criminals
My Twin
Evidence
Murder

Mokena, IL:
Leaders
Soil's Song
Deliberation
Deadhouse
Teargas
Had to (Leave)
Ghost of the Sun
Criminals
July
My Twin
Evidence

I'd kill to hear "Burn the Remembrance" or "Rainroom" (though I don't anticipate Rainroom) - the two first Katatonia songs I've ever heard. I'm so excited for the show. but not the getting murdered part.

Well shit. I missed this.
Got out of class at 9:30pm, and my friend called to tell me that Daylight Dies had already played and Katatonia just fucking finished. :mad:

All of the bands were great. I like Daylight Dies, first time hearing their music.

Katatonia :headbang:
Moonspell :worship: :worship: :worship:

A lot of people left after Katatonia, they had the biggest crowd, even though the place was pretty dead, Moonspell put on the best performance, they really deserved a better crowd. Can't complain other than the people. All 3 bands were amazing. :Smokin:

Just got back from the show, Moonspell fucking rocked tonight! Katatonia and Daylight Dies were excellent as well.

Even though it was brief, it was nice meeting everyone from here that went to the show in person.

Excellent show, one of the best put-together metal bills I have seen in years, if not ever. All the bands seemed like they complimented each other (I didn't see the local opening band, though, so I can't say if they fit or not), it wasn't scattershot like some bills I've seen.

I wish I could have met Jonas Renske, but I did meet everyone else from Katatonia. Coolest moment of the night (aside from the music of course) for me was after the show, I saw Anders Nyström carrying a box of gear out to the bus. I was standing nearby and said "Thanks for coming, great show man." He said "Thanks" but of course was busy and couldn't stop. When he returned to get more gear, he saw me with my friends and walked over out of his way to give a more formal "thanks for coming to the show" and shook my hand. :worship: Very cool guy.

Best news of all? He said, "We'll be back - and you won't have to wait as long." We need to hold them to that. :headbang:

I wasn't familiar with Daylight Dies, which is bizarre as I love that Paradise Lost-ish gothic/doom sound that they play. They put on an awesome show. It was my second time seeing Moonspell and I thought they also did great. Really nice guys, too - they seem really down to Earth when you talk to them after shows.