Arcturus cancel ProgPower USA; Replacement Announced

It's definitely a bummer that Arcturus won't make it now, but I couldn't believe Ihsahn is the replacement! For those of you who snub your noses to the glories of black metal and assume this is more of the same, open up your ears! All of his solo stuff is purely original, dark, and very progressive! After is pure genius, get it now if don't already have it, it's writing is on another plane/dimension/universe/etc.!.!.!.okay, I'm done now...:kickass:
the After album is all kinds of dark, progressive genius:headbang::headbang::headbang:

In Other Words: "We're lazy and don't feel like prepping for a show 6 months away."

In other words: I'm aimlessly speculating on something I don't know about. I'm sure a professional band that has a former member of Dimmu Borgir in its ranks and commands a more-than-decent draw would cancel a show out of "laziness."

In other words: I'm aimlessly speculating on something I don't know about. I'm sure a professional band that has a former member of Dimmu Borgir in its ranks and commands a more-than-decent draw would cancel a show out of "laziness."

The word "professional" may be a bit too strong of an adjective here...

Sucks for those who liked Arcturus, but this makes the fest 100% better IMO... just sucks Im not coming down for the first time in 7 or 8 years (and I've been chewing to get Ihsahn to the fest for many years). Sigh.

mëtålspëd;9762814 said:
Sucks for those who liked Arcturus, but this makes the fest 100% better IMO... just sucks Im not coming down for the first time in 7 or 8 years (and I've been chewing to get Ihsahn to the fest for many years). Sigh.

WHAT??????

I guess there is a segment of the PP crowd that likes this kind of stuff, but I can't say that I'm one of them. I've never been much into growling and screaming and it is a rare band makes it work for me, usually because they have something more going on than just that. I'll listen, but I have a feeling I'll be sitting in the hall for this set.

I guess there is a segment of the PP crowd that likes this kind of stuff, but I can't say that I'm one of them. I've never been much into growling and screaming and it is a rare band makes it work for me, usually because they have something more going on than just that. I'll listen, but I have a feeling I'll be sitting in the hall for this set.

There is a LOT more going on here than just growling and screaming. Give him a chance, you might not regret it.

Many of his solo songs have mostly (if not all) clean vocals....Emperor definitely had harsh vox, but you can probably find a good chunk of stuff you'd be into if you like prog.

Have you EVEN listened to his solo albums??? I doubt it by your statement

really? There is lots more going on than your standard black metal band. IHSAHN does break genre's and has many layers to his music. Even Emperor's later material was way above the standard screaming and such. You just need to open your ears to it and actually listen. Also....music like this is 100 time better live than on disc even.

Here's my personal opinion - those who don't agree with it can (CENSORED):

The members of ARCTURUS are nothing but a bunch of (CENSORED) for treating Glenn this way. And those (CENSORED) who are now demanding a refund (!!!) are just as (CENSORED) stupid. UGH!

And kudos to Glenn for getting another band of even higher caliber in place with such short notice.

Here's my personal opinion - those who don't agree with it can suck my fat cock:

The members of ARCTURUS are nothing but a bunch of wankers for treating Glenn this way. And those dickheads who are now demanding a refund (!!!) are just as fucking stupid. UGH!

And kudos to Glenn for getting another band of even higher caliber in place with such short notice.

I agree....I think IHSAHN will even draw more people now to the fest.