Arcturus cancel ProgPower USA; Replacement Announced

@Ole Roomate -
in all seriousness, Glenn has had to replace a "drawing power" band with another "drawing power" act...you were going to be at the fest anyway, right? so what's the issue - the length hasn't changed, and as i said before - you can sit down, take a wander, have a nap...there are plenty of things to do if you aren't interested in whoever is on stage at a given point.
just sayin...

Good points. I'm going regardless every year from now on. I didn't realize that Arcturus was a draw. They are my least favorite of the lineup, but I was interested to see what they were like live. If they are a draw, then hell yeah it makes sense to replace them with a similar band. We are coming in on Thursday this year, which should help a lot on the old man fatigue.

Good points. I'm going regardless every year from now on. I didn't realize that Arcturus was a draw. They are my least favorite of the lineup, but I was interested to see what they were like live. If they are a draw, then hell yeah it makes sense to replace them with a similar band. We are coming in on Thursday this year, which should help a lot on the old man fatigue.

fatigue? nah! save that for sunday :)

glad you are coming back and plan to continue to do so!
make sure to hit the patio for the parties - it helps stave off the fatigue! :)

Steve Martin for ProgPower!!!

Not to hijack the thread but...MetalRose, where have you been???

Yeah not to high jack it either, but no home computer/ internet for a long ass while. Been tweeting from my phone. Missed being on the forums and all that shit!

Then I moved, started EMT classes, etc, you know how life gets in the way of internet life? Serious with drawls!

And yes, it really is me! No one highjacked my profile!

Good to be back and I continue with the demand: Steve Martin for ProgPower!

-Metal

Progpower too long? Hell I'm almost 50 and I'm lucky to get 4 or 5 hours sleep each night, and I still manage to enjoy the whole time. Thats why the wife and I park ourselves in seats so at least we're not standing the whole time. Seats are your friend. Sunday morning is a bitch though when you're looking at a 16 hour drive to get home by late Sunday night. Thank god for Starbucks QUAD-shot cups of coffee. But I've done it the last 8 years. Which is why I always take a couple extra days off for recovering when I get home.

^That post.

I love Ihsahn's solo stuff as much as I do Emperor, and Arcturus, outside of The Sham Mirrors has largely been a novelty for me.

With that being said:

ihsahn-400-nc-eb-102909.jpg

Edwin.jpg

Doesn't get more metal than a Baldur's Gate portrait pose.

Missed you.
Yeah not to high jack it either, but no home computer/ internet for a long ass while. Been tweeting from my phone. Missed being on the forums and all that shit!

Then I moved, started EMT classes, etc, you know how life gets in the way of internet life? Serious with drawls!

And yes, it really is me! No one highjacked my profile!

Good to be back and I continue with the demand: Steve Martin for ProgPower!

-Metal

I know what the guy's saying. I've had trouble making to the end of the headliners. Last year, I adjusted my schedule two weeks before, going to bed later and later and getting up later too. Helped. It's hard to all of a sudden going from the 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM schedule to staying up until 2, 3, whatever. As we've all heard so many times before, you have to pace yourselves.

ON TOPIC: After my first couple listens to Ihsahn, I'm feeling this is a very fortuitous turn of events. Was curious about Arcturus, but I think I'll like this more. Glad I waited and saved my music budget for a band that will be there.

I saw Ihsahn last year in Wacken, they were the mean reason to travel from Mexico to Germany, they sounds great alive, the last album "After" is amazing...... definitively was a great replacement.. Ihsahn is thousand times better than Arcturos... in my opinion.

"Old Man Fatigue?" How old are you, i can guarantee you don't even come close to my age, and yes by Saturday night I a sore, worn out, feet swollen, knees swollen, but HAPPY, and excited, because i have been with my extended family. By the way they don't call me grandpa for nothing.

"Old Man Fatigue?" How old are you, i can guarantee you don't even come close to my age, and yes by Saturday night I a sore, worn out, feet swollen, knees swollen, but HAPPY, and excited, because i have been with my extended family. By the way they don't call me grandpa for nothing.

I don't call you grandpa! That's insulting! I call you GREAT grandpa! Closer to your age bracket :D

Un-fricking-real! I was interested in seeing Arcturus, but Ihsahn is a vast improvement in my opinion. "After" was an album of the year choice for me. Now, if only I were going...

I wonder though, does this mean that Ihsahn may be doing a stateside tour for this album? Would love to finally see him? Never got to see Emperor, but would love to see the mighty Ihsahn.