UM's Resident Asshole
Apr 22, 2003
Maplewood, Minnesota
www.facebook.com
ARCTURUS Among Acts Confirmed For Southern Discomfort Metal Festival

http://www.bravewords.com/news/164180

Hot Flashes
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 at 16:06:08 EST

"This year's Southern Discomfort Metal Festival is scheduled for September 8th - 10th at the Påhjørnet and Kick Scene venues in Kristiansand, Norway.

Acts confirmed for the festival currently include: TRISTANIA, ARCTURUS, SOXPAN, OPUS FORGOTTEN, GOATLORD, LEOPROUS.

Tristania singer Kjetil Nordhus states: "Kristiansand was brilliant last time we played there, and we're delighted to do be able to return this autumn. The lineup is very different from many other festivals, and marks the return of a whole lot of bands that haven't played together for a while, and of course Arcturus is a scoop for the festival."

Further festival details can be found at this location."

So, let me get this straight. They can't play Progpower because they still had "Hibernation Sickness" and thought they wouldn't be ready, but they can then schedule themselves for a festival that precedes Progpower by almost 2 weeks. I wish there was a way we could get this info out there and show them to be the unprofessional assholes they really are. This basically is telling their American fans (and fans from abroad who were traveling to Progpower) to go fuck themselves. Just wow. Glenn, if you don't want this garbage here, I completely understand, delete it if you want. Just figured I would let everyone know even furthermore what assholes these guys are.

Brent

ARCTURUS Among Acts Confirmed For Southern Discomfort Metal Festival

http://www.bravewords.com/news/164180

Hot Flashes
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 at 16:06:08 EST

"This year's Southern Discomfort Metal Festival is scheduled for September 8th - 10th at the Påhjørnet and Kick Scene venues in Kristiansand, Norway.

Acts confirmed for the festival currently include: TRISTANIA, ARCTURUS, SOXPAN, OPUS FORGOTTEN, GOATLORD, LEOPROUS.

Tristania singer Kjetil Nordhus states: "Kristiansand was brilliant last time we played there, and we're delighted to do be able to return this autumn. The lineup is very different from many other festivals, and marks the return of a whole lot of bands that haven't played together for a while, and of course Arcturus is a scoop for the festival."

Further festival details can be found at this location."

So, let me get this straight. They can't play Progpower because they still had "Hibernation Sickness" and thought they wouldn't be ready, but they can then schedule themselves for a festival that precedes Progpower by almost 2 weeks. I wish there was a way we could get this info out there and show them to be the unprofessional assholes they really are. This basically is telling their American fans (and fans from abroad who were traveling to Progpower) to go fuck themselves. Just wow. Glenn, if you don't want this garbage here, I completely understand, delete it if you want. Just figured I would let everyone know even furthermore what assholes these guys are.

Brent

Unprofessional douchebags. Speaking as someone who never even heard of Arcturus before last year, I bought one of their CDs at the Insider Sale, it totally sucks. I'm glad I don't have to sit through their set

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

(also fuck everything about these cunts.)

The replacement is a thousand miles better. Why would anyone care, really? All we're doing is giving them even more publicity by starting yet another whole thread on them...

Arcturus wishes they were on Ihsahn's level. Period.

We get Ihsahn now, I think Arcturus did us a favor.

This is extremely true. I listened through the Arcturus disco and wondered to myself what was special about them. I listened to the opening track on After and wondered how long it would feel like before ProgPower time arrived. Ihsahn is really something special.

I wouldn't piss in any of their mouths if their gums were on fire.

Hahahaha I have never heard/read this comment before but it has skyrocketed up my list of favorites! Now wiping up the water I just sprayed all over the place... :worship:

And, yeah, these guys are about as unprofessional as it gets for pulling this hibernation sickness BS on you and now scheduling themselves at a festival that takes place prior to ProgPower. Ihsahn's going to be GREAT!

Obviously canceling the way they did with the most half-assed excuse in the history of excuses was incredibly unprofessional. I suppose, despite signing up to do another festival, they still are not an active band... so they may not care about their reputation. But it was still a major dick move. Still, it is intriguing how some people, especially in the previous thread, seem to have somehow decided that their music sucks because of their horseshit excuse for pulling out of ProgPower. Don't get me wrong; I'm not a huge fan myself... I've been listening to both bands a fair bit over the last several months, and I must say I've been enjoying Ihsahn more (especially the latest Ihsahn disc which IMO seamlessly integrates saxophones into metal). But I can't just jump to the conclusion that Arcturus' music blows simply because of their ProgPower cancellation and hyper-lame excuse.

Obviously canceling the way they did with the most half-assed excuse in the history of excuses was incredibly unprofessional. I suppose, despite signing up to do another festival, they still are not an active band... so they may not care about their reputation. But it was still a major dick move. Still, it is intriguing how some people, especially in the previous thread, seem to have somehow decided that their music sucks because of their horseshit excuse for pulling out of ProgPower. Don't get me wrong; I'm not a huge fan myself... I've been listening to both bands a fair bit over the last several months, and I must say I've been enjoying Ihsahn more (especially the latest Ihsahn disc which IMO seamlessly integrates saxophones into metal). But I can't just jump to the conclusion that Arcturus' music blows simply because of their ProgPower cancellation and hyper-lame excuse.

I hated them from the moment I wasted $10 for their disc last year at ProgPower! :Smokedev: