Arghoslent - best of 2004?

What's everyone's favorite riff of theirs?

I like the main riff to the title track off Galloping Through The Battle Ruins.

That is a damn tough one. Arghoslent have a nasty habit of packing each and every song they write with delicious riffs.

The strange thing about their riffs, which I think is the special quality that sets them apart from commericial melodic death, is that despite sounding amazing when you hear them, for some reason they're not catchy enough to stick in your head, or least not mine. And yet, when I do hear them, they sound catchy as hell. Oh well.

Well yes, anyway, the riff that tends to make me want to come back to the song it features in most is the melodic riff at the end of Quelling the Simian Surge, at 3:54.

As much as I like the entire album, I tend to feel that the last four songs pale in comparison to the first three, which are all classics in their own right as well, I reckons so.

SculptedCold said:
As much as I like the entire album, I tend to feel that the last four songs pale in comparison to the first three, which are all classics in their own right as well, I reckons so.
I don't know the instrumental is probably one of my favorite on the cd....one of the best instrumentals i've ever heard

Heirs to Perdition. The vocal synchronisation with the riffs is awesome. Such an unbelievable undulating feel to the song. Riff wise, I think all the songs are great - its just this songs edge, that wins out.

SculptedCold said:

*nod*

SculptedCold said:
I think that the first three songs, plus Hereditary Taint (the closing track) stand out from the rest, as good as the rest of the songs are.

Life Sucks said:
I think that the first three songs, plus Hereditary Taint (the closing track) stand out from the rest, as good as the rest of the songs are.

Yeah, that's definitely my favourite song on there.

The instrumental is uncommon in death metal of recent years, due to bands who don't have enough material for a huge, epic instrumental. Arghoslent's never gets boring.