Artmore room available

Yippee38

Living the dream!
Oct 8, 2002
Somewhere at 33,000'
Visit site
We managed to find somebody willing to share a room with us this year. That's a lifesaver as we don't want to spend the money for a room for just the two of us this year. As a result, I will be canceling our reservation at the Artmore. Before I do though, I thought I'd offer to transfer the reservation to anybody who wants it. It is a 1 bedroom suite (one of the two floor rooms with the bedroom upstairs). With the scare the other day about reservations being cancelled I called and verified the reservation is still good for Wednesday through Sunday.

If you want it, PM me. First person interested gets it. If I get no PMs by tomorrow evening, I will just cancel the reservation.

I also have a room at the Artmore that I am ready to cancel (sharing a room at the Residence instead). It's a 1-bed Junior Suite with a microwave and small fridge for Wed - Sun.

I'll do the same as Yippee and transfer the res. if anyone wants it by tomorrow night. PM me if interested.

I'm not picking on Yippee or anyone else that has posted about Artmore rooms being available. In fact, I'm grateful for them being nice enough to point it out to fellow attendees. I also understand completely why they canceled. However, I do want to point out that this is the very reason that the Artmore overbooks to a certain extent. Rooms are canceled at the last minute and the hotel is the one that loses revenue.

Does that help those that got bumped? No. However, it does explain why the situation occurs.

That just means you need to get more people to share the room. Don't forget that it includes free breakfast and happy hour. I don't think you'll get that at the Super 8.:kickass:

Heh... there's no happy hour at the Super 8, but I wouldn't be hanging around the hotel at that time anyway. They do have a small free breakfast (continental, not full), but after partying the night before I wouldn't be up in time for it anyway.

I'm not picking on Yippee or anyone else that has posted about Artmore rooms being available. In fact, I'm grateful for them being nice enough to point it out to fellow attendees. I also understand completely why they canceled. However, I do want to point out that this is the very reason that the Artmore overbooks to a certain extent. Rooms are canceled at the last minute and the hotel is the one that loses revenue.

Does that help those that got bumped? No. However, it does explain why the situation occurs.

Understood Glenn. The reason I posted about it was so that hopefully some who really wants to be at the Artmore for the festival can now get a room that wasn't available before. The hotel will still have every room booked, but now it is affordable for four of us (where maybe it wouldn't have been if we weren't sharing a room), and people who really wanted to be at the Artmore have a room there. It seems like a win for everybody involved. :kickass:

BTW, my room is taken.

That just means you need to get more people to share the room. Don't forget that it includes free breakfast and happy hour. I don't think you'll get that at the Super 8.:kickass:

Oh, I know about the free breakfast at the Granada.... Also, I'd rather be at the super 8 and comfortable with a bed than at the artmore, elbows to assholes with people staying in my room for the price difference. I don't mind the walk.

Well *I* am back at the Artmore, along with two friends, thanks to Mike. :)

The other three are opting to remain at the Four Seasons. Thank you to ConnieOH for posting and taking the time to consider us!
Yea! See you on the porch! :kickass:

As for the breakfast, it kicks ass at the Artmore. Tough to get up for it on the weekdays, but we designate a suite-scout to get food for everyone whose sleeping. Usually ends up being me. :Smug:

What do we have to do to talk you into picking up breakfast for our room too? ;)
Ah, I see you're already covered. Yea, my loyalty does go beyond sleep, either that or I know if I don't do it, I may miss out. Food be very important after a night of partying! :kickass: