Athiest, Cynic, Pestilence, Death

Prophetix

Devon killed Buddy
Sep 4, 2001
Dawlat elBa7rain
www.opeth.com
I wanna get into these bands, they sound really good. I heard lots of good stuff about them (progressive techincal death metal, as they are called). Anybody care to tell me which albums to start with?

Atheist - Elements
Cynic - Focus (it's their only album, they have demos besides this one)
Pestilence - Mind Reflections
Death - Symbolic or The Sound of Pereseverance

NP: Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black

Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Cynic - They only have one cd...Focus
Death - Human
Pestilence - Haven't heard enough from them to form a solid opinion.

Atheist - Unquestionable Presence/Elements
Cynic - Focus, or either of the two demo's before
Death - Individual Thought Patterns, The Sound of Perseverance or Human
Pestilence - Testimony of the Ancients

Also check out MARTYR - Warp Zone.

...And forget symbolic, it's a great album, but it's below death's others...

Atheist: Unquestionable Presence
Cynic: Focus
Pestilence: I wouldn't know.
Death: Individual Thought Patterns or Symbolic

These are the albums you want to hear first:

Atheist- Unquestionable Presence
Cynic- Focus
Death- Individual Thought Patterns
Pestilence- Spheres (Testimony of the ancients is good, but Spheres was there attempt at being a bit more "progressive" and creative. Definitly get this title first if you want to here something more interesting!)

Oh and here is another recommendation worth checking out:

Atrocity- Hallucinations(Catchy technical death metal with some very good interesting riffs)

I have only listen to Death of these four bands but I can tell u that u must, must, must buy, listen and worship HUMAN. It is one of the best metal albums of all time and the drummer Sean Reinert is a GOD. One of my best friends is a competent drummer and he has never heard a better drummer than Sean (metaldrummer, but he is schooled in other styles also, Jazz for ex), and I can agree though Im not a drummer. Just listen to his "jazzy" grooves and his fucking insanely fast playingstyle! WOW...

All the songs are awsome but "Lack of Comprehension, Flattening of Emotions, Suicide Machine and Secret Face" are pure art!!

If u gonna buy ONE Death record be sure to let it be Human...just trust me u will not be disappointed, promise!:)

ps. If u like Sean after this listen to Cynics record "Focus" a weird one but very, very good.

Atheist-unquestionable presence
Cynic- focus
Death-human,symbolic or the sound of perseverance
pestilence- testimony of the ancients