Avantasia II

maestro_al

Who Dares Wins
Mar 26, 2002
For those interested...

AVANTASIA - Part 2
Added Thursday, April 25
Last year's The Metal Opera shook the metal world's foundations with its bombast and intensity, now Tobias Sammet is once again planning to jolt the world once again with another star-studded effort. Here is what the man himself, Tobias Sammet, had to say:

"My Friends,
It's been a long time that you didn't hear anything about Avantasia. Well, touring with my main band Edguy is such big fun, [but] in between traveling to the different continents, planning this and that for Edguy and sleeping a little I have some breaks here and there and that little break of three weeks right now I am using for starting to finish the production of Avantasia Part 2. Yes, and if nothing goes wrong, in August you will have the album in stores. A lot of things have been recorded together with part one, so on the ten main songs you will hear the same musicians and singers as on part one. Some new things will be that there is a new character sung by Magnum's voice Bob Catley and Timo Tolkki plays a few guitars. Furthermore Eric Singer, drummer of Kiss plays drums on one track. It's gonna be ten real songs and some interludes, as far as I think now. The opener called "Seven Angels" is over 14 minutes long, an epic that runs chills over my back when I listen to it. Not a fucking choirs-and-orchestra-700-different-tracks-overkill, just tastefully arranged, in my opinion of course. However, there's not so much I wanna say in advance, I've never been a man of too big promises but I just wanna let you know: Many people have been speculating that there is no chance to create something on the same level as part one. Friends, to those who share that opinion - I got a huuuuuge smile on my face!!! I am really curious about those people's opinions. Just ask my record company for their opinion about what they have heard, they love it even more than part one... I love 'em both. It's a part of me, it's honest, and you'll hear that!!!"

Love & peace & cheeerzz & stay savage,
Tobias!