Band #7 Confirmed

Just some thoughts:

Hypothetical is practically a perfect album.

Critical Mass has some really good tunes but as a whole, something was 'off' with that album...... [title track is still one of their best tunes though] - never sat 100% well with me.

Subsurface was a really great, solid album and I thought definitely better than CM in a big way - plus I love that the lyrics were all written by West and it held together thematically/lyrically really well.

Extinct Instinct is still an old fav of mine - Eat the Unicorn is a SICK tune! Somatography. Lifeflow...classics! (and their 'proggiest' album to date)

Psychedelicatessen - their only album with Glynn Morgan - I ALWAYS loved his lyrical style and what he did with the band - it had a mean raw power to it. How can you not just LOVE that scream/shriek at the end of Will To Give:
"i thought you'd understand when you took me there
the hardest part to take you still remain
you still STILL RE-MAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIN!!" :headbang:

Clone was a good album - I think it was Macs 'breaking in' period so it was a tiny bit 'lacking' in places - regardless, Voyager, Sunrise on Mars... absolutely brilliant.

GODDAMMN!!!!! I was on the site earlier today in hopes of an announcement but to no avail, and here I am at almost 1 30 am coming home to find THRESHOLD being announced for once again another PERFECT Progpower. Threshold was a hopeful for me last year, and the delayed gratification is surely worth it! With the already announced bands (for all 3 days) I can only imagine what's left. YEEEEEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! CHEERS!!!! :) :)

With no new disc, and what looks like no new one for quite some time, I don't think Enchant has a chance at PP. Plus, like someone else said, they're not a headliner for this festival. Maybe once they finally get a new disc out they'll have a shot at a 3rd slot at a future PP...

dt

I agree...As much as I love Enchant, I couldnt see them getting anything better than the third slot.

Osiris' Eyes- KaptianKrude,

I'm saying nothing on the musicianship itself by any means. The music sounds solid, but from what I heard nothing stood out as a huge "Holy shit" moment (like Raintime did for me)... I don't hate them, but I can't say I love it at this point.

Maybe you could recommend some of their other songs or albums that you think would blow me away?

As always, I'm going in with an open mind and open ears and hoping to be blown away by them live.

-Metal

I'm saying nothing on the musicianship itself by any means. The music sounds solid, but from what I heard nothing stood out as a huge "Holy shit" moment (like Raintime did for me)... I don't hate them, but I can't say I love it at this point.

Maybe you could recommend some of their other songs or albums that you think would blow me away?

As always, I'm going in with an open mind and open ears and hoping to be blown away by them live.

-Metal

Hey Metal,

I'll send you some of my favorite Threshold. I don't have evrything, but I can send you a sampler disc or two. :)

Shaye,
What would you recommend getting for non-Threshold fans? I have Critical Mass and Subsurface. WHile Critical Mass has some very good songs including the first one, I found Subsurface to be very mellow and it does not hold my interest for very long.

-Metal

Metal Rose,

I am more than happy to oblige...

It is very difficult for me to choose the best of the best but I will do my best:loco:

Here are my faves from the last 4 discs:

CLONE:
Freaks
Angels

HYPOTHETICAL:
The Ravages of Time
Long Way Home

CRITICAL MASS:
Echoes of Life
Falling Away

SUBSURFACE:
The Art of Reason
Ground Control

Enjoy!!! :cool:

Metal Rose,

I am more than happy to oblige...

It is very difficult for me to choose the best of the best but I will do my best:loco:

Here are my faves from the last 4 discs:

CLONE:
Freaks
Angels

HYPOTHETICAL:
The Ravages of Time
Long Way Home

CRITICAL MASS:
Echoes of Life
Falling Away

SUBSURFACE:
The Art of Reason
Ground Control

Enjoy!!! :cool:

thats funny cuz i had a HOLY SHIT moment with Raintime "Holy Shit i can't stand this band"

you know i luvs ya MR :)