Bandcamp continues to grow...

That's awesome! I love their attitude about pretty much everything that I've seen. My only real gripe with their site is that they don't have a volume widget. I mean...you do audio...give me volume control, man.

I also noticed from this blog post that metal is quite well supported on Bandcamp, which makes me happy. I'm certainly doing my part.

That's awesome! I love their attitude about pretty much everything that I've seen. My only real gripe with their site is that they don't have a volume widget. I mean...you do audio...give me volume control, man.
I don't often use the site to seek out music. It's just too big an ocean. However, it it my #1 go-to when it's time to make purchases.

I certainly know that, since I follow you on Bandcamp. I don't recognize most of the bands you buy.
Lol, awesome. I buy a lot of obscure djenty stuff on Bandcamp. Basically if I can buy it on Bandcamp, that's where I'll buy it, unless I need a physical version for whatever reason. I've found a few fellow PPUSA folks to follow there and it's definitely interesting to see what certain folks consider worth buying. I've bought stuff based on other people's buys before so it's worth it.

I don't often use the site to seek out music. It's just too big an ocean. However, it it my #1 go-to when it's time to make purchases.
I always try before I buy. And when I do a trip through links I collect from got-djent I'll hit upwards of a dozen BC pages in a span of minutes...it gets old. I have to turn my broswer volume down, which craps on youtube, etc.

I also noticed from this blog post that metal is quite well supported on Bandcamp, which makes me happy. I'm certainly doing my part.

Once a week (usually on Thursday) I hit Bandcamp and do a search for new releases in metal for the past week. There are typically 40ish pages returned, with 8 albums per page. That is a shit-ton of metal, all kinds of metal, to sort through.

While I've heard a few gripes from some artists, the majority of those I've asked have found the terms and functionality of the site very artist-friendly.