Bands like Manilla Road

unknown

fuck ftagn
Oct 27, 2003
The Red Tower
looking for stuff in the epic, traditional heavy metal area of things. I'm also a big fan of Slough Feg if that helps at all.

ready go!

You might mean new bands I'm not sure. Basically, there aren't any new bands that have massively brought the genre forward particularly. A lot of the retro style bands have retards in them and aren't serious enough, plus never got beyond the stage of listening to the really famous albums themselves. That's my opinion anyway.

So you're getting obsure 80s stuff that you might not find well produced enough.

(Much less obscure)

2000s band who are a bit of a genuine progression from Zed Yago / Velvet Viper's (they're actually better, for example)style.

You could also look up Adramelch as well, nice Italian band.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/general-metal-discussion/561959-brilliant-80-metal-quite-unknown-2.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm familiar with Brocas Helm and have checked out individual songs by Cirith Ungol and Cloven Hoof...any particular albums?

Also, any traditional heavy metal rec's would be appreciated. Things like Tyrant, Warlord, etc.

A Sultan's Ransom and Dominator are the best Cloven Hoof albums, in that order. Cirith Ungol I wouldn't really rank with some of the other recs.

Hardly. They never got their shit together this well:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cloven Hoof and Cirith Ungol come from pretty different sides of traditional metal. Admittedly the song you posted is one of their most epic/power in approach, but overall they're much more of a straight-forward rocking thing.