Banned from Sevenstring.org for a month...

RIGHT ON!

philnis.jpg

denzel_intro.jpg

OMG the combo is just too much to take ...... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA

. . .

Those are very skewed criteria for a professional band.

We could get into a debate about it, to be honest though... I'd prefer me some Cap'n Philnis action.

As I said these are MY criteria as to what is PRO .... I left out the NO MORE DAY JOB part as I know Metal isnt as big as it used to be and there are plenty of pro bands that still work day jobs. Testament for one....

Its pretty simple really. Did a label put out your CD? Did you get a cash advance or some type of deal? You got an endorsement? Did one of the major Metal publications cover your band? Does anyone outside of your state know who the fuck you are?

If not GTFO .....lol

Ill make it even easier ..... When your photo is in Guitar World on some type of product page saying you use it. Then your important enough to be considered a pro. DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH DOESNT COUNT ....lol

I was in a DR String catalog once, but that doesnt count ...lol

As I said these are MY criteria as to what is PRO .... I left out the NO MORE DAY JOB part as I know Metal isnt as big as it used to be and there are plenty of pro bands that still work day jobs. Testament for one....

Its pretty simple really. Did a label put out your CD? Did you get a cash advance or some type of deal? You got an endorsement? Did one of the major Metal publications cover your band? Does anyone outside of your state know who the fuck you are?

If not GTFO .....lol

Ill make it even easier ..... When your photo is in Guitar World on some type of product page saying you use it. Then your important enough to be considered a pro. DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH DOESNT COUNT ....lol

I was in a DR String catalog once, but that doesnt count ...lol

Oh make no mistake gg, I *knew* and *know* that this is your own subjective criteria. It's your opinion.

But your opinion is balls. kthxbye. :)

Oh make no mistake gg, I *knew* and *know* that this is your own subjective criteria. It's your opinion.

But your opinion is balls. kthxbye. :)

If you don't mind me asking what are your criteria?
I personally think that's quite a fair definition of a professional band.

If you don't mind me asking what are your criteria?
I personally think that's quite a fair definition of a professional band.

My criteria has nothing to do with endorsements, as getting free or discounted shit in exchange for putting your face to a product has nothing to do with being professional.

To me, professionalism is a mindset and an approach. Not getting drunk every night before you go on stage, turning up to rehearsals promptly, maintaining your equipment, knowing your parts perfectly before you record. These are all examples of what I would call professionalism.

To me, professionalism has very little to do with income. Equating professionalism with any sort of financial hierarchy is archaic and no longer applies within the world. Being on a semi-major label (which in itself isn't very specific... what does semi-major even constitute?) means nothing in terms of professionalism. How could it? I'm not sure it ever did.

Throwing TV's out of windows like a 70's rockstar may be metal as fuck... but it aint professional. And a lot of the bands who did that sort of shit were on "semi-major" labels. See my point?

My criteria is basically limited to how you as a person/band act, think, and respond.

Drew, you're talking about a professional band as in the people within it act in a professional band, whereas Doucheru is talking about a band that is a band professionally, IE as a profession. Totally different, only sometimes overlapping things.

Drew, you're talking about a professional band as in the people within it act in a professional band, whereas Doucheru is talking about a band that is a band professionally, IE as a profession. Totally different, only sometimes overlapping things.

Well okay, but he didn't really state what he considered professional to mean.. just listed criteria for some phantom definition of professional, which I had no idea of.

But even then... we're talking about not needing a day job right? Well shit... if I could make the minimal salary I make now, through my band.. you bet I'd do it!

As Dave Chapelle said to his father.. if he can make a teachers salary through comedy... well... that's better than being a teacher!!

Right, but that's not the argument - can you make the minimal salary you make now through your band? If not, it's not a profession, and your band isn't a 'professional band' by his determination.

Unfortunately, in metal, virtually all bands aren't professional. In either sense of the word. :lol:

Unfortunately, in metal, virtually all bands aren't professional. In either sense of the word. :lol:

This is probably the the harshest reality of it all :(

I would say as far as what I would feel puts you on the "pro" teir now in metal is more the types of shows / venues you are playing. While a lot of the larger bands still play "clubs", nay if any are playing 20,000 to 100,000 seat arenas.

I mean you have bands like A7X that pack 50k at a show, and then someone like As I lay Dying that barely scratches 5k. But I still see them on that same "pro tier" of bands.

It's really just a combination of the things mentioned above in one way or another. Media Coverage, Label support, Distribution, those are the things that really put you on that tier.

Unfotunately playing "metal" is a bum wrap nowadays and its really difficult to live a life of extravagance with bitches, ho's and benzos in your drive .... ya know ...lol

so i have no clue why i was banned, all the pussbear said was:
Grow up a little bit if you feel like coming back.

honestly, i think he needs to grow the fuck up, along with 97% of the other people on there.

Perhaps they looked into the future, saw that you'd start a new account on a different forum to bump a dead thread for no good reason, and decided that preemptive strike was the best option.

Jeff

Perhaps they looked into the future, saw that you'd start a new account on a different forum to bump a dead thread for no good reason, and decided that preemptive strike was the best option.

Jeff

I'm glad he bumped it, just so I could read that. :worship: