Baptists to protest Dio's funeral

Wendy Dio is appealing for calm, and wants them to just be ignored. My gut instict, if I was going to be there, would be a beat down, but I would respect the family's wishes, and ignore them. I personally think that the US has become extremely pussified in the last 10-15 years. We worry too much about offending people. Cartoonists are threatened, Words removed from pledges, school text books altered, it just never ends. I beleive ignoring them only empowers them to continue on. I'd love to come home with WBC member's molar embedded in my boot heel...

Thank you, this country has become sickening, the entire world as far as that goes, everyones up everybody elses ass, in their face, nobody has any reasonable rights, everybody has totally unreasonable rights, Im glad my years are nearly done. There is little I have witnessed in the society to be proud of.

You know me, sometimes I just have to tell it like it is, or at least how I see it. There are SO many reasons for this, Bilderbergs & Agenda 21 for startes, but I don't want to derail this thread, but there's plenty more bad stuff coming down the pike...Music is one of the few salvations I honestly have left, that and the cool people who are noticing. We're all (globally) going to be in this together. Buckle up, it'll be a rough ride...

I won't be going to the funeral. It is too far away for me to travel. If I were to be in attendance, I certainly would respect Wendy's wishes and make the funeral a very respectful one. In fact, even if Wendy had not made that statement, I would do what Ronnie would do if he were an attendee as opposed to the deceased. Though I didn't know Ronnie personally, I know what kind of person he was and he would have turned the other cheek to their nonsense.
It is these people that call themselves Christians that need to ask...... we have all seen the car stickers... WWJD.... what would Jesus do ? My understanding of being a Christian is being Christ-like. If Jesus were such a loving man and died for all of our sins so that we could enter the gates of heaven, do you think Jesus would create a website called godhatesfags.com and picket fallen soldiers and rock stars funerals ? I don't think so. These people are not Christians. they are terrorists hiding behind a religious facade.

Bryant

If Jesus were such a loving man and died for all of our sins so that we could enter the gates of heaven, do you think Jesus would create a website called godhatesfags.com and picket fallen soldiers and rock stars funerals ? I don't think so. These people are not Christians. they are terrorists hiding behind a religious facade.

Bryant
Agreed word for word!!! :worship:

These people are not Christians. they are terrorists hiding behind a religious facade.

Well said.

Something tells me with this group, one's time would be better spent slamming their own head into concrete repeatedly, rather than trying to reason with these people. I've been reading interviews with Dio for well over a decade now and I know for a fact he never claimed a. to believe in Satan, and b. to be evil or endorse wicked actions toward others.

I think metal heads should picket their church/compound/terror cell. I've had it with theocratic bullying from all religions.

Why are you people getting angry and upset over this? Hasn't anyone realised that they are so ridiculous, you should now only see them as some pathetic parody of a fanatic group?

Honestly, everytime I see them protest, I laugh my ass off at them. Not to mention everyone else making their own parodic signs to join in and embarass the family. Sure, what they do is extremely disrespectful, but they will recieve justice as soon as they cross the line between rights/freedoms and law.

The only way to win this battle against these idiots at the funeral is to silently protest them or blast Dio music so they can't even hear.

Well said.

I think metal heads should picket their church/compound/terror cell. I've had it with theocratic bullying from all religions.

I think that is a really bad idea. People should have the right to worship the way they wish as long as they aren't bothering other people, just the same as people should be allowed to conduct a funeral without people bothering them.
I think that doing something like that merely lowers ourselves to their standards. As metal-heads, we might very well see some idealism behind it, but two wrongs don't make a right. As Wendy said, I think it is best to ignore those idiots. Sometimes you have to stand up to your beliefs and ideals, other times, it is best to turn the other cheek and in my opinion, this is one of those times to do the latter. Those inbreds that call themselves "Christians" are eventually going to hang themselves for the rediculous things they are doing. It will look good for us, the metal community, to let themselves get into trouble on their own, without some kind of riot/fight that metal-heads are involved in.

Bryant

From the LA County Commission on Human Relations website:

"According to California state law, hate crime charges are filed when there is evidence that bias, hatred, or prejudice based on the victim's real or perceived race/ethnicity, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or sexual orientation is a substantial factor in the commission of the offense. This definition is codified in the California penal code sections 422.55 to 422.95 pertaining to hate crime."

We just had Cultural Diversity Training yesterday for work, and one of the things that was briefly flashed on the screen had something to do with disturbing a religious service. I don't know if funerals are included in this, so if someone who has any experience in this case knows for sure, please feel free to let us know.

In the meantime, I dedicate this to the WBC:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy to report that since Forest Lawn is private property, the protesters didn't get anywhere near the memorial itself; they were stuck at the gates. We got there before they did, so we didn't even know they were there until people who arrived later on told us.

I'm happy to report that since Forest Lawn is private property, the protesters didn't get anywhere near the memorial itself; they were stuck at the gates. We got there before they did, so we didn't even know they were there until people who arrived later on told us.

Metal 1 - Religious Wackos 0 :headbang: