Baroness involved in a bus crash.

They're posting updates:
UPDATE:

15:30 - nine people were onboard, seven are injured and have been taken to Royal United Hospital Bath, and two seriously injured have been taken to Frenchay Hospital in Bristol. One of the seriously injured is believed to be the driver.

1600: A source close to the band have informed us that members of the band have sustained minor breaks. We have spoken to Baroness' label Relapse who have said management will issue an official statement imminently.

Really sucks. It's always scary when these bus crashes happen. I hope those injured make a full recovery. They're having quite a good year up until now.

This is the worst fear that any band could have and I hope that Baroness is OK. All of you are always in my thoughts as you tour. PLEASE STAY SAFE.

Latest report I read said that John Baizley (rhythm guitarist and lead singer) broke his left arm and leg, while Allen Blickle (drums) and Matt Magiosi (bass) both had fractured vertebrae all still in hospital, while Pete Adams (lead guitar, vocals) has been released.

The driver is currently in critical condition.

Update
Posted: August 27, 2012

John Baizley has been released from hospital. Allen and Matt have arrived back in the United States.

All remaining 2012 tour dates are canceled.

Thank you for all of the continued support.

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/191213 :

BARONESS, in a letter to their fans, have issued their first post-accident update since August. The four band members and five person crew suffered a variety of injuries in the harrowing August 15th accident which saw the band's bus plummet 30 feet down off of a viaduct outside of Bath, England. The East Coast-based band were in the final week of an extensive European tour following the release of their double album, Yellow & Green.

Singer/guitar player John Baizley broke his left arm and leg, drummer Allen Blickle and Matt Maggioni each suffered fractured vertebrae while guitar player Pete Adams was treated for minor injuries.

p178h9r24fsjm1dt514284oscve4.jpg

An excerpt from guitarist/singer John Baizley's statement reads:

"On August 15th, just before 11 am, Baroness and our crew were involved in a very bad crash while on tour. The brakes in our bus failed completely, on a notoriously dangerous, incredibly steep (12% grade) hill in Monkton Combe, UK, on our way from a show Bristol to another show in Southampton. Our bus went entirely out of control, and we had no choice other than hitting a perpendicular guardrail going about 50 mph at the bottom of the hill. The guard rail and the 20 or 30 trees we ploughed through snapped like matchsticks as we went fully airborne and fell down more than 30 feet off of a viaduct to the ground below. Half of the band/crew were asleep while we lost our brakes, and a few of us were awake and sitting in the rear lounge. I was up front with our driver, and I bore witness to the entire thing. Once our brakes failed, the bus could do little more than gain momentum and plummet down the hill. There was nothing anyone on the bus could have done during our descent to avoid the crash, and no one, the local residents, the police or any of us can believe we survived the impact.

Most people who have been in accidents understand the pre-trauma sensation of time slowing down. There were almost two minutes during which I knew we were heading for a collision. It felt like two hours. I remember the sound of the air-brakes failing, and the panicked cursing of our driver as we slowly realized how desperate the situation was. I tried as hard as I could to yell and wake everyone up to prepare for impact. I remember the sounds of confusion from behind me as our collective terror rose. I remember seeing the guardrail split, then a cluster of trees smacking against the front windshield. While we were airborne my eyes met with our driver’s. I knew then that we each shared the same look on our face; and I won’t soon forget it. We had spent enough time in the air to appreciate, make peace with and accept a fate we thought inevitable, and we looked at one another with a horribly silent “goodbye” in our eyes."

p178h9reb31g7df11hkf1d5o17td4.jpg

Read more at this location.

Baroness previously announced all remaining 2012 tour dates are cancelled. Stay tuned for updates.