Bathory

LucioArgento

Make Love, Not Peace
Apr 2, 2002
1 Hate Pit Avenue
Just heard Twilight of the Gods - are the vocals supposed to be that excruciatingly bad?

It's basically off-key clean vocals that are reminiscent of running your fingernails down a blackboard. Don't get me wrong - I'm not a clean vocals bigot, but this is pretty bad stuff.

Obviously I'm in the minority because there are several succesful Bathory albums out there, but do they all sound like that? It really does sound like a drunk in a karaoke bar.

Bathory....hmm some awesome music. I haven't heard this album but it doesn't surprise if it fucking sucks. *Shrugs* I dunno, this type of music doesn't always work out like it used to.

I hate having to compromise. Since there are a hundred other bands that do it better, I've never seen any need to venture further down the Bathory path.

Tone deaf karaoke vocals are generally a disaster.

I like everything by Bathory that I've heard. The viking albums are awesome. So are the black ones. But the best Bathory that I've heard is definetly Blood Fire Death. And his clean vocals aren't that bad on Hammerheart.

I have "Under the sign of the black mark" by Bathory. As far as I recall the vocals are more in a typical black metal way. The record only has one good song though in my opinion ("Enter the eternal fire"). The only other Bathory record I've heard is "Blood on ice" and it was pretty good as far as I recall. Granted, Quorthon isn't the best singer, but I prefer his vocal on that record to the clean vocals on Dimmu Borgir's "For all tid" or the crappy voice of Dani from Cradle of Filth.

BATHORY!!!!!!!!

You have to listen to this albums more than once.
Quorthon is really a great musician and fantastic composer.

It doesn't exist a musical direction which is so intens like the Vikingalbums of BATHORY!!!!

It's a own epic and monumental dimension.

He did record this without any electronic garbage. and his voice is really native and really honest.

It's real underground!!!