Be gentle,

natelikesoreos

New Metal Member
Jan 2, 2009
I've always considered myself just mainly a musican, but then simple pre-pro recordings kind of started turning into something I enjoyed. I'm new to this forum obviously, as well as recording.

I was listening to a lot of mixes on this forum and I was simply blown away, so let me warn you I am in no way sharing something I doubt anyone would consider decent at all, but I really would like the criticism to push me in the right direction.

I feel like the mix is pretty dull, definetly doesn't have that nice lush sound that I've heard around here.

I wrote this song just for fun purposes, my buddy did bass. I programmed the drums, wrote the guitar, and vocals.

So, bash away.

Here's the link: http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/11/2263602/popsong.mp3

I forgot to mention, this is also a very poppy song, something different. Very vocally, a lot of singing.

i really dig this man. the vocals are good but i think real drums would make this shine. the programming is just such a big turn off.

kudos though!

Good song.
I believe that "right guitar being louder than the left" thing was intentional?

Well thanks man. Both guitars are panned hard left and right and at the same volume. Both were also recorded with the same amp and guitar, same placement. So I'm not sure. However, when the rhythm is palm muting on the left the right does sound a little more dominant.

i really dig this man. the vocals are good but i think real drums would make this shine. the programming is just such a big turn off.

kudos though!

Thanks dude! I wish I had a kit I could set up and record but I don't. I probably could have done a better job burrying the drums in the mix a little more to disguise, I'll mess around with that.

Very good voice! :headbang: The drums seem to not match with the song too well at times. And drums sound too plasticy and thin. Good tone on guitar. Bass could be stronger and thicker. But you are on the right path. Keep reading here and asking for help and you'll have a better mix in no time!:kickass: