Behemoth - Cannibal Corpse Co Headline Tour

Come on bro, really? With headlining tours and quite a few sold out shows? I doubt they leave the country in the red..

You'd be surprised. These types of bands spend so much money on crew (in fact, I've heard from bands bigger than Behemoth who pay their crew more than the bandmembers) and production that after booking and management they usually go in the black by the end. It takes a few years and a bunch of Ozzfest/Mayhem sized tours for a European band to make good money touring the US.

I'm not saying they go in the red of course, but I doubt they make it back with tons of money.

While I didn't expect they were making a ton of money, I assumed they were one of the few metal bands doing well in the U.S., especially with all the merch they move. It would be interesting to see a financial breakdown of the Top 20 metal acts by touring dollars.

I know the thread is evolving into a discussion about band finances, which is fine. Did you guys see the money breakdown from that one guy in the metalcore band Oh, Sleeper? He posted it to his Facebook, and I saw it reposted by several metal media sites. That was about "mid-tier" bands getting nickel and dimed out of every cent they make just to keep the tour going. From venues charging bands merch fees to everyone BUT the band members having to be ensured a guarantee, it was mind boggling to see how much it costs a band to tour and how much they end up making on the other end of expenses.

I really would like to see what the "top tier" metal bands (from Europe and overseas) are looking like. After work visas and airfare is accounted for, to what degree do merch sales and ticket sales translate to profit over all the other costs? Behemoth does some of the costs to themselves - lavish stage production, props, makeup, masks, mild pyrotechnics, etc. Would they really do all that shit if they were losing money on the deal? I don't know.

Then, you take into account that Behemoth (and in particular Nergal himself) seems to have inked a promotional deal with a few sponsors, who perhaps fund all that for him. In particular I can think of his deal with Affliction clothing, a line that I'm not too particularly fond of; but if they're (in part) funding Behemoth tours to the United States...I'm fucking happy about that.

It's all interesting stuff to think about.

...Did you guys see the money breakdown from that one guy in the metalcore band Oh, Sleeper? He posted it to his Facebook, and I saw it reposted by several metal media sites. That was about "mid-tier" bands getting nickel and dimed out of every cent they make just to keep the tour going. From venues charging bands merch fees to everyone BUT the band members having to be ensured a guarantee, it was mind boggling to see how much it costs a band to tour and how much they end up making on the other end of expenses.

Here's the Oh Sleeper article for reference purposes...
http://www.metalinjection.net/its-just-business/bands-money-touring

And another article related to this...
http://guitagrip.com/tag/do-bands-make-money-on-tour/

I really would like to see what the "top tier" metal bands (from Europe and overseas) are looking like. After work visas and airfare is accounted for, to what degree do merch sales and ticket sales translate to profit over all the other costs? Behemoth does some of the costs to themselves - lavish stage production, props, makeup, masks, mild pyrotechnics, etc. Would they really do all that shit if they were losing money on the deal? I don't know.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but certainly is interesting...
http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/10/3...ond-five-finger-death-punch-others-earn-tour/