Best album of the year so far...

I do but I am not going to tell anyone!! :lol::heh:

As your mod I command you to!
c014.gif

:err:

Perfect Example: Final Stage - Through the Mirror
Released: Nov 30, 2007. Recorded in 2007. Copyright 2007.

Most websites say 2008. As was our official release in Germany and several other countries.

So there ya go. :p

Yeah and I run like hell to got it before Dec 31 so I could review it for the 2007 top list.
Still I can't get Devil's Slingshot and Andre Matos albums both of 2007 :erk:

Yeah Sixx, the first impression I had of the Bio was that it was kind of busy and noisy. I thought the vocals were way too low in a bunch of spots. I will revisit...

Yeah Sixx, the first impression I had of the Bio was that it was kind of busy and noisy. I thought the vocals were way too low in a bunch of spots. I will revisit...

Yea I agree with the vocals being to low in the mix sometimes. Which is weird, because the album was produced Chris Tsangarides who produced bands like Judas Priest, Black Sabbath and Thin Lizzy.

The busy and noisy thing went away for me, after playing it a few times. Then I got the structure of the album. Its cutting edge metal as far as I am concerned.

I love the album because there's so much going on there...
Very refreshing and different.

I would have to agree buddy. But Platinum is right about the vocals being to much mixed down in the music.

Well, if there's anyone whose tastes I trust, it's you 2 guys Hawk and Sixx. I thought Empires of the World was pretty good so this took me a little more by surprise. I will check in after hearing it a few more times.

I'm a big fan of the debut album from Warbringer "War Without End". Thought is was classic 80's thrash.

I listened to most of the song and it sounded like about 90% growling. Many growlers are also great singers (ie. Stu Block), I can't recall the guy's clean style, but a large amount of growling = not for me.

Hrm, I'd say Forefather uses clean vocals more than harsh vocals. I'd say you should atleast download Steadfast/Ours is the Kingdom and give it a shot, really good band imo :D

Geez, I just went to their MySpace and both of the songs there are total kickass! :headbang:
These kids really show the old farts how its done... And the singer has a really strong and convincing voice, despite his young age. Way to go guys, keep it up! :worship:

Indeed, just had a first listen to the album, it's very good!
Sounds a bit like a little bit more commercial version of Wolf.

edit; also check another new classic Metal album: Redline - Ignition !!!!

In the running for 2008 for me...

Lionshare - Emotional Coma
Primal Fear - New Religion
Airbourne - Running Wild
Overdrive - Let the Metal Do the Talking

:headbang:

These are 4 excellent albums indeed, but they're all from 2007 I think, save for Overdrive.

My faves from 2008 so far would be:

LEVERAGE-blind fire
BLACK TIDE-light from above
OVERDRIVE-let the metal do the talking
LECHERY-violator
FIREWIND-the premonition

I quite like too:

BENEDICTUM-seasons of tragedy
FATAL SMILE-world domination
RAGE-carved in stone
AVANTASIA-the scarecrow (my own edited version, which skips some ballads and adds some tracks from the EPs)