Best Immolation album.....come on guys...!!

Everything I've heard from them has been pretty clutch, but I'm gonna have to go with Close to a World Below.

You'll have a fucking hard time finding Dawn of Possession. But I'm torn between that, and Failures For Gods as my favorite Immolation album.

I almost agree with this, although Failures is my favorite followed by Dawn of Possession. Majesty and Decay is a distant third favorite for me.

What the fuck is wrong with you all? Close to a World Below is, like, their weakest album among the first 5.

Here in After is the correct answer, followed very closely by Dawn of Possession and Failures For Gods.

What the fuck is wrong with you all? Close to a World Below is, like, their weakest album among the first 5.

Here in After is the correct answer, followed very closely by Dawn of Possession and Failures For Gods.

I think it's their heaviest album.

Here in After. I like the first 3 the most. I have not heard anything past Harnessing Ruin, I saw them live around when that album came out. And the band sounded pretty good live.

I haven't listened to the latest ones yet, but the period of Close to A World Below, Unholy Cult was so much better than their immediate predecessors/followers. The Immolation sound was ripe, the song-writing utterly focused even down to the finer arrangements... and they had those grand sinister themes which they gave up for other stuff later or did a lot less of.
CTAWB for me.