Best Live Metal Act

but then i would recommend moving to germany either (to many germans) or england (driving on the wrong side etc)

Storm, the English drive on the right side. Yeah but even from Austria you can walk to another country to see a gig can't you. Man I gotta drive for three and a half hours to see an international band in Sydney. Don't they have all tose big metal festivals in europe? I hear Slayer, Halford and Warlock have been trecking around the place

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

the english drive on the left, thus on the wrong side. ;)

should be 'wouldnt recoomend' in my last post gotta edit that :S

yeah i've often been to other countries for gigs. i heard maiden have never been to australia - that sucks!

The left side of the road is right!!!

Maiden have been to Australia 3 times.... 1982, 1985 and a mini-tour in 1992. So they haven't been in 10 years and haven't done a full tour since '85 :(

Priest had NEVER been here before until last year.

Yeah, I've seen maiden 3 times. I had the pleasure of meeting all of them in Sydney on their Powerslave world tour. They did a Maiden favourite metal video night in a club in Sydney. I paid ten bucks for the ticket went to the club at 3 o'clock for a 6 o'clock start expecting thousands to turn up. Only about 20 of us showed up and we spent about 4 hours mingling with the guys. Awesome experience

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Originally posted by satanistical
Wow Raven.... I really think they were as good or better then Metallica was back then...they just did not get the break.

Raven blew it themself. They should have not gone commercial and delevoped their style from "Rock until you drop" and "Wiped out" further.

If you listen to their many singles and EP's from those day's it becomes evident that they had a unlimited potential for a direction with fast and technical song material that would have been unique in the metal spectrum.

But noooo, they had to go with the makeup and the 3 minute song format. It's their own doing. It sad...

Yea that's what a lot of people think but I doubt that. They build quite a following on NEAT. Remember in their NEAT heyday's Raven toured with Anthrax, Metalica and Anvil. These were all upcoming bands back then.

Raven and Anvil blew it by going commercial, the other two got more populair FAST after that tour. That's at least how I see it.

i thought you aussies also drive on the right (the right ;)) side.

i know it's expensive for a band to travel overseas like to australia, but i thought the aussie rock/metal scene is really big? how many inhabitants does australia have?

Originally posted by nosferatu
They did a Maiden favourite metal video night in a club in Sydney. I paid ten bucks for the ticket went to the club at 3 o'clock for a 6 o'clock start expecting thousands to turn up. Only about 20 of us showed up and we spent about 4 hours mingling with the guys.

Well there's your explanation for why they've never endured the 24 hour flight again.

If Iron Maiden only want 20 fans to show up, they can do that playing in their local public toilet.

That 20 people he means was for a metal VIDEO night at a club, not for their concert, lol!

There is a pretty good metal scene here in Melbourne but I think the rest of Australia is so-so when it comes to that. Although we're a huge country as far as land goes, our population is only 18 million.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Although we're a huge country as far as land goes, our population is only 18 million.

that's more than the double of ours...

but it's amazing that maiden turn up here at all - on the BNW tour there were at max 3000 people here in vienna, probably only 2000-2500! maiden should have more fans in a city of 2 million inhabitants...

hell priest did play for som 1000 people only here!

and crap bands like rammstein fill 9000 people... it's a sad world...

I'll tell you why big acts never come here, cause it is too far too travel when they can't be guarenteed a sellout. Of all the big metal names, only a few have ventured to Canberra and for good reason. Maiden was a sell out but Stryper only managed to pull about 200 here. The gig was nearly cancelled. Alice Cooper about 2000, David Lee Roth about the same but Van Halen did manage about 4000. That's why I have to travel to Sydney to see the bands that won't come to Canberra.

At least we got our Dungeon, Fury, Chalice to keep us amused on a regular basis. Three of the best Aussie acts at the moment.

Trooper. - Correction, as of today our population is 19,723,000. (I work for the Bureau of statistics. hahahahahahaha):lol: :lol:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Priest sold about 1500 in Melbourne here last year. Megadeth was just about sold out in Melbourne I think. Smallish venue though, same venue as Priest, holds about 2000-2500 I think.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Priest sold about 1500 in Melbourne here last year. Megadeth was just about sold out in Melbourne I think. Smallish venue though, same venue as Priest, holds about 2000-2500 I think.

Along with London and New York, Melbourne fucking rules. I love St Kilda, and I love the Espy. I hear that Edguy and Dungeon sold that place out not long ago and I would have loved to see that one!

I know you Aussies get left out on a lot of tours, but I'm thinking that times are changing - hopefully because metal is finding a resurgence, and that it might be worth the 24 hour plane ride.

Hey look at things this way - heavy metal is banned in Malaysia, heh. They get stuck with Celine Dion.

Yep yep I was at the Edguy and Dungeon show there, it was brilliant! Great stmosphere! I think Metal Warriors have a lot to do with the Melbourne metal scene getting so much better.

Times do seem to be changing too as Destruction, Dark Funeral and Mayhem are all touring here this year. Not that I like Dark Funeral and Mayhem ( :puke: ) but its interesting to see more European metal bands coming here now!

Dungeon :headbang: :headbang:

Yeah they were both awesome! I was also lucky enuogh to see Edguy play at Kryal Castle in Ballarat, that was a cool experience!