• Katatonia guy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark Tranquility guy

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 11 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mikael or Spiros from Septic Flesh.But they growl they don't scream ( Bm mostly)

I don't consider Mikael to be the best technical screamer, though I do think him to be the best overall vocalist in this area of music.

As for the best performers in the category which I determine to be screaming, I immediately think of Peter Tägtgren of Hypocrisy. Kristoffer Olivius of Naglfar remains in my mind, though he was a bit of an obscurity. And as classical as he may be, Ihsahn must be mentioned. I'm sure there are plenty others who deserve recognition(Dare I say Dani Filth in these parts?).

Edit - Perhaps "Katatonia guy" was referring to Anders Nyström/Blakkheim, who is one of my personal favorites.

Frost-Shatraug said:
I don't consider Mikael to be the best technical screamer, though I do think him to be the best overall vocalist in this area of music.

As for the best performers in the category which I determine to be screaming, I immediately think of Peter Tägtgren of Hypocrisy. Kristoffer Olivius of Naglfar remains in my mind, though he was a bit of an obscurity. And as classical as he may be, Ihsahn must be mentioned. I'm sure there are plenty others who deserve recognition(Dare I say Dani Filth in these parts?).

Peter from hypocrisy is going the screams on crimson two as mr swano has lost his growl :hotjump:

Should be good!

Darkness...-
"...i voted for carmelo from novembre, his growl is nuts!"

I have to agree with you there.

I loved Chuck Schuldiner's singing on Deaths "Leprosy" album - Pull The Plug is amazing, and you can actually understand a lot of what he says.

Mikael is a great death vocalist too though - the part in Blackwater Park (the song) after the quiet middle section, when the heavy guitars kick in and he just growls menacingly - that is my favourite part in ANY song ever - gives me chills!

Ripper Ownes is the best screamer though.

katatonia guy? the only katatonia albums with death vox are brave murder day, dance of decemeber souls and their first album which hardly anybody has heard, as well as sounds of decay and for funerals to come. Mike did the growling for brave murder day and sounds of decay...so should 'katatonia guy' be included in this poll?

I'm giving Jon from Dissection a whole heap of points here. Mikael is definately on top of his game here though, his growls are demonic.

Honourable mentions out to the vocalists from November's Doom, Hypocrisy, Amon Amarth (!) and Primordial.

Åkerfeldt, Carmelo and Stanne are all just too good, I can´t choose :( NO I refuse to Choose, so I´m going to say Norah Jones... ahhh subtle screams but effectomundo! :yell:

Mike Fuckin Patton

After I saw him live with Tomahawk, there was no doubt in my mind, this man can fucking scream.

That said, other favorites of mine:

That twisted fuck from Zao... his (anti?)demonic shrieks make me shiver.

The guy from Poison the Well can go from a throat shredding scream to an ear splitting roar... very nice.

Oh wait... why'd you say screamer when you meant growler? If you are talking about growls, then I'd have to say Paul Kuhr from Novembers Doom.