Beyond the Threshold - a new beginning for the Threshold Fan Club

Dear Richard,

- Would you like to see a new and improved Threshold fan club?

Yessir.

- What would your expectations be?

Radiant glory, and a good beat.

- Would you contribute (pics, gig reviews and maybe even articles)?

I'd be up for writing a weird one about cows (in the context of Threshold), why not. Also got some classic "behind the scenes" video from the olden days that you can chew upon if you like.

- Would you be prepared to pay?

Fiver? Four pound twenty seven? Four pound nine? :D

- Are you interested in receiving a Threshold related magazine?

Like others have said, a real one might be considered a bit "un-eco" these days. A professionally produced PDF made to the same standards as a printed mag though, would go down a treat.

The main hook for most people I reckon would be what sort of "bonus" they get from being a member. Just a mag (real or computerised) isn't such a big draw any more, what with the oodles of info sprawling all over the web.

Collected hair/toenail clippings and a Karl Groom sig pick?

1. Would you like to see a new and improved Threshold fan club?
2. What would your expectations be?
3. Would you contribute (pics, gig reviews and maybe even articles)?
4. Would you be prepared to pay?
5. Are you interested in receiving a Threshold related magazine?

1: Yes!
2: Most of things have already been described, but a fan club convention and more detailed background information (including interviews etc.) would be great.
3: Yep (gig reviews)
4: Depends on how much it will cost and what is offered.
5: Yep, definitely!

Marillion send a Christmas CD to their fanclub members, where they mainly just joke about on and which are hilarious to listen to, even (or especially) in summer... something like that from Threshold would be really nice too, I think.
In any case, whatever you do, it would have to be something *exclusive*, as many others said before. I wouldn't frown upon some nailclippings either, for that matter... ;)

i think i actually like the way it is now... i would have no problem with a members-only club though. the only thing i really want is more cd's!

Well, I've never been a great fan of tshirts, patches, keyrings or whatever... So if the improved fan club means an improved amount of gadgets it isn't something I'm interested in. The website is the fastest way to let people know any kind of news, so a Threshold related magazine (in any form) may be nice to collect, but not so useful as a website.
The things I'm really interested in are:
- This website and forum to have all the news and the possibility to share opinions with bandmembers and other fans;
- The direct to fans cds, where we have always found a lot of great music.

As many of the regular contributors here will know, Threshold used to run a fan club called Devoted. However in more recent times its activities have been limited to issuing direct-to-fan CD releases and email bulletins.

As you may have guessed from this post the concept of a Threshold fan club is being revisited. A number of plans and ideas have been thought about already but the whole thing needs your input. The readers of this forum make up the inner core of the Threshold fan base and your support and views are essential to this project.

Please try and answer the above questions and feel free to throw in other relevant thoughts about this idea. Please keep this topic on thread though!
Yes

Mag or newsletter. Fan Club only DVD's and CD's. Access to execlusive information during the recording of a new CD (maybe a DVD documentory)

Yes

Yes. A good way to do this is to throw in some discounted merchandise but I would be prepared to pay more than I would for membership to any other fan club!

Yes

In likely be interested in such a fan-club andwould be willing to help out with some articles and stuff, if needed. I've written for some magazines earlier in my life and am usually considered good at writing.

/SE

Thank you everyone for your ideas and responses about a new Threshold fan club. We've now got a much clearer idea of how to proceed. We'll most likely do this in conjunction with a new studio album release.

So let me anticipate your next question: No, we don't know when a new studio album will be ready. But we're hopeful of having a new fan club album for you in time for the May tour dates, as long as everything goes according to plan.

And I'll try and anticipate your next question too: No, we're not telling you what's on the new fan club album! All I can say is it should be the most interesting one we've ever released and I think you'll like it, especially fans who've been with us all the way through.

All I can say is it should be the most interesting one we've ever released and I think you'll like it, especially fans who've been with us all the way through.

First off, it HAS to be titled Decadent II, according to Decadent's liner notes, and that would be a good start to make the "fans who've been with us all the way through" happy. A great start to celebrate the band's 20th anniversary!

Second, it may sound very Madrigal-ish or Forgottenglory-ish :)D) but I think that nearly anything you may put on a new fan club release would be interesting to us.

Let's open a proper topic about it!

The readers of this forum make up the inner core of the Threshold fan base and your support and views are essential to this project.

So the ones that do not read or post regularly on this forum are not core fans? :)

Of course I do.

Most direct and up-to-date about Threshold activities and related projects (Shadowland, Kyrbgrinder, Damian Wilson, Soliloquy, etc).

Fanclub days are something I'd like very much.

Also, please keep releasing fanclub CD's/DVD's every now and then.

Perhaps a fanclub-only webzine of some kind?

I'd love to. I always make pictures at the very least. :)

Ideally, the fanclub should remain free of charge. However, if that is not possible (which I assume is the case), then yes, I would be prepared to pay, as long as 'tis not a rediculously high price each month/year. Not all of us have a lot of money to spare. :)

Very much so.

True. I'm not insane enough to be a true groupie. ;) Not a matter of devotion, but as you say, a matter of how I choose to go about it.

No offense meant, of course. Don't make me hug you.