Biggest disappointment

masterworks

Mar 26, 2009
Frederick, md
what cd has been your biggest disappointment this year and why?

like Agents of Mercy, because Mr. Stolt hasn't put out anything decent in years, including these wimpy songs.

New: ''Glasshammer''(trying to capitalize on the Yes thing)
""Pain Of Salvation" ( Writting seems tiered just not there no hooks)

Latest Coheed and Cambria was a disappointment. It wasn't necessarily horrible, but they're so freakin' SAMEY. Do something different!

Personally, I've never been a fan of PoS. They just don't do anything for me and I think they're highly over rated. Just my opinion. I also could never understand why eveyone always raves about Daniel's voice. It's good but that's it. Perhaps I'm commiting prog sacrilege here but hey.....you like what you like.

Anyway, I kind of found the new Spock's beard to be a bit of a let down. Doesn't really seem to go anywhere or have much drive if that makes sense.

Personally, I've never been a fan of PoS. They just don't do anything for me and I think they're highly over rated. Just my opinion. I also could never understand why eveyone always raves about Daniel's voice. It's good but that's it. Perhaps I'm commiting prog sacrilege here but hey.....you like what you like.

Anyway, I kind of found the new Spock's beard to be a bit of a let down. Doesn't really seem to go anywhere or have much drive if that makes sense.

I love the new SB! I think it's their best work!

So do I! The new SB is great (imo)

As far as disappointment(s):
ArK- What is that!!??
&
I would have to agree with Bob on GH's "Yes" release.

James Labrie- Static Impulse

I love gruff vox when they fit the music, but they seem *so* out of place here. I can't even listen to it, it's so jarring.

Chris

Anti-Depressive Delivery

What Happened? Their first was aggressive and "different". Their second was more accessible but still captured your interest. The third has SOME decent moments but-- know wonder they're giving it away.