Black metal sayings?

Aug 26, 2002
Queensland, Australia
Visit site
I'm fairly new to black metal and iv'e heard a few phrases/sayings that i dont know what they mean..

Mayhem's 'De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas' - i have no idea what this means?

also Nargaroth's 'Black Metal ist Krieg', same as above...

also what does the saying that goes something like "Norsk arysk black metal" or something mean, and where did it come from?

cheers
DS

I'm not super big on black metal but, 'Black Metal ist Krieg' is german (well, half-german ;) ) for black metal is war.

I don't know the languages of the other 2

Mayhem's infamous "saying" is Latin, and it roughly translates to The Mystery of Satan. Eh, that's close enough.

I don't know what the "norsk arsk..." means, nor do I know which language that is (though I'd guess something from Scandinavia).

not really sayings, but funny/ironic quotes:

'Wearing an anal cunt T-shirt shows that you're politically aware,but wearing a burzum t-shirt shows that youre politically active' - varg vickerns

'That's not me... I don't just go around killing people' - Bard Eithun

'Please excuse the blood' - Per Ohlin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If it pisses you off, set it on fire! - [

"I'm gay, wearing face paint, and am on my stage, come fuck me"

:devil:

:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist... :eek:

I do like Annal Nathrakh, Arcturus, Bal Sagoth, My Dying Bride, Vintersorg, Anorexia Nervosa, Limbonic Art and some other stuff.... :heh:

Actually "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" is a real book, which also is the topic in the title track...

The sky has darkened, thirteen as we are collected woeful around a book, made of human flesh. De grandaevus antiquus mâlum tristis, arcanus mysteria scriptum"

It´s a manifest of satan, and his incanationspells.. Rumours says that this book is still in hands of a dark mind...

"MORTEM ANIMALIUM"!

Originally posted by ~UlvedaL~
Actually "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" is a real book, which also is the topic in the title track...

The sky has darkened, thirteen as we are collected woeful around a book, made of human flesh. De grandaevus antiquus mâlum tristis, arcanus mysteria scriptum"

It´s a manifest of satan, and his incanationspells.. Rumours says that this book is still in hands of a dark mind...

"MORTEM ANIMALIUM"!

thanks for your help, but now im even more intrigued!!

WTF? :)

No offense but:

What kind of a retard doesn't see what those words mean? I mean, they're almost the same in English?

Norsk arisk black metal was written in the back of the Darkthrone album Transilvanian Hunger.

I thought the title of the Mayhem album translated to "Lord Satan's Secret Rites" or something to that effect.

Well, based on the literal translation from Latin, that would work as well. Typical to a "dead" language, the meaning can easily be twisted to accept synonyms, even in different order or whatnot. It's obviously not like translating Italian to English today, or something like that.

Originally posted by xenophobe
"I'm gay, wearing face paint, and am on my stage, come fuck me"

:devil:

:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist... :eek:

I do like Annal Nathrakh, Arcturus, Bal Sagoth, My Dying Bride, Vintersorg, Anorexia Nervosa, Limbonic Art and some other stuff.... :heh:
Rammstein?