Black Sabbath Reunion 2012 Album and Tour

Hopefully that rumored BLACK SABBATH, JUDAS PRIEST, and MOTORHEAD tour here in the States will become a reality. Now, if they could only find a way to add IRON MAIDEN to this, also.
Because the last Sabbath/Maiden tour ended so well... :err:

For those that don't recall, Maiden co-headlined Ozzfest '05 with Sabbath...Maiden's last show of the tour was in San Bernadino, CA and to say it was a clusterfuck would be putting it mildly. Kelly Osbourne and her friends egged Maiden, they had their PA shut off three times, and Sharon came out after Maiden was done and berated Bruce until the crowd unceremoniously suggested she exit the stage using a four letter word starting with "c" and ending with "unt". Part of me felt like I got cheated out of seeing a great show, but having seen them a dozen times in the past 11 years, the other half of me kinda enjoyed it...one of the times the PA got cut near the end of a song, and without missing a beat, Bruce stood on the stage monitors and played conductor as 40,000 people sang the rest of the song that the band was unable to complete. It was simultaneously one of the most awesome things I've ever seen (40,000 people singing an Iron Maiden song while Bruce played conductor) and one of the most petty (because Sharon tried to deprive 40,000 paying customers of what they came to see).

The postscript to that is that the vennue EMPTIED after Maiden finished...I decided to stay because I had never seen Sabbath, but after a song and a half of Ozzy sounding like cats were getting strangled on stage I split.

So...all of that said 1) I'd be pretty surprised if Maiden toured with Sabbath and 2) I'd be extremely disappointed, because I have no interest in seeing Sabbath or providing any financial support whatsoever to Sharon Osbourne, and being forced to choose between maintaining that stance, and seeing Maiden, would be very painful.

Because the last Sabbath/Maiden tour ended so well... :err:

For those that don't recall, Maiden co-headlined Ozzfest '05 with Sabbath...Maiden's last show of the tour was in San Bernadino, CA and to say it was a clusterfuck would be putting it mildly. Kelly Osbourne and her friends egged Maiden, they had their PA shut off three times, and Sharon came out after Maiden was done and berated Bruce until the crowd unceremoniously suggested she exit the stage using a four letter word starting with "c" and ending with "unt". Part of me felt like I got cheated out of seeing a great show, but having seen them a dozen times in the past 11 years, the other half of me kinda enjoyed it...one of the times the PA got cut near the end of a song, and without missing a beat, Bruce stood on the stage monitors and played conductor as 40,000 people sang the rest of the song that the band was unable to complete. It was simultaneously one of the most awesome things I've ever seen (40,000 people singing an Iron Maiden song while Bruce played conductor) and one of the most petty (because Sharon tried to deprive 40,000 paying customers of what they came to see).

The postscript to that is that the vennue EMPTIED after Maiden finished...I decided to stay because I had never seen Sabbath, but after a song and a half of Ozzy sounding like cats were getting strangled on stage I split.

So...all of that said 1) I'd be pretty surprised if Maiden toured with Sabbath and 2) I'd be extremely disappointed, because I have no interest in seeing Sabbath or providing any financial support whatsoever to Sharon Osbourne, and being forced to choose between maintaining that stance, and seeing Maiden, would be very painful.
I'm fully aware of that situation that happened with MAIDEN. But, money talks. This tour would be of course beyond huge and we all know how much Sharon loves money. I'm quite positive there would be a few million reasons Sharon could look past what happened. But, I would be more than happy with BS, JP, and MOTORHEAD. Rob Halford always said his dream tour was BS and JP.

I'm fully aware of that situation that happened with MAIDEN. But, money talks. This tour would be of course beyond huge and we all know how much Sharon loves money. I'm quite positive there would be a few million reasons Sharon could look past what happened. But, I would be more than happy with BS, JP, and MOTORHEAD. Rob Halford always said his dream tour was BS and JP.

I don't see any benefit for Maiden to do that. They sell out arenas on their own without the help of Sharon Osbourne's antics. Maiden are still at the top of their game but Black Sabbath are simply bleeding the almighty dollar a little more. Personally, I would like to see a Maiden/Motorhead Tour instead.

~Brian~

Not even counting what happened between Ozzy and Maiden in 2005, that package would simply be too expensive to put on. Maiden alone gets 100+ grand a night. Judas Priest and Sabbath have toured the US already together twice in the last 10 years, the first time of which was the Ozzy iteration as it was. The second time had Motorhead. I don't get why a BS/JP/Motorhead package would at all be appealing to anyone at this point but different strokes I guess.

Not even counting what happened between Ozzy and Maiden in 2005, that package would simply be too expensive to put on. Maiden alone gets 100+ grand a night. Judas Priest and Sabbath have toured the US already together twice in the last 10 years, the first time of which was the Ozzy iteration as it was. The second time had Motorhead. I don't get why a BS/JP/Motorhead package would at all be appealing to anyone at this point but different strokes I guess.

Um...what?

You know, I actually think a more logical tour would be Sabbath/Deep Purple. And, If Ozzy goes down, Ian Gillan can do double duty. He still sounds incredible. Not only that, but they both would play to the similar fanbases. You could stir a lot of passions as who was better, hence, you would get people to show up for this. One more thing, unless I am wrong, I do not think Sabbath and Purple EVER toured together. Any takers?

ADD ON: Add on Uriah Heep to open, and you would have the most logical tour.

I would.... Gillan does Ozzy songs better than Ozzy ever did. You didn't go to the Born Again tour I take it?

Does Gillan have a better voice? Absolutely. Ozzy has never been the best of technical singers, but he's unique and no one's ever been able to replicate him. I just have a hard time picturing Gillan singing about the dark, dreary shit that Sabbath does. I've never listened to Born Again though, nor did I go to the tour because... I WASN'T BORN YET!!!! :lol:

I've never listened to Born Again

WTF

as far as the Ozzy replication, I completely agree with you....however I came across a new band the other day that comes close. Check out Magic Circle out of Boston. Doom in the Pagan Altar/Black Sabbath vein. Only two songs out yet, full length comes out soon, but it is quite good and the vocalist definitely sounds like Ozzy at times.

*oh look, he posted something, time to hop on his balls and post a lame comeback for no reason other than to be annoying on the internet even though I lack the material to troll properly*

1/10. Poor troll effort as usual, but you did manage to get me to post so I guess that warrants a point.

You know, I actually think a more logical tour would be Sabbath/Deep Purple. And,

absolutely 100% agree. Would be a killer package. However, I doubt it would happen because Sabbath for better or for worse has spent the last 10 years trying to appeal to a strictly metal crowd and not a "rock and roll" crowd.

Yeah, but I honestly think that package would be wayyy too much money to put on and would not justify ticket sales. Metal fans are not going to spend 2-300 bucks a ticket for shows. In fact, I'm almost 100% sure that's why the Big Four isn't touring the US and is only doing select shows in major markets.

New album confirmed for shit by the way - Rick Rubin "producing."

edit: oh it says that in the video, but yeah, I can't expect this to be any good... Horrible autotune, mix will be brickwalled to hell, tight soulless protooling, etc.

Yeah, but I honestly think that package would be wayyy too much money to put on and would not justify ticket sales. Metal fans are not going to spend 2-300 bucks a ticket for shows. In fact, I'm almost 100% sure that's why the Big Four isn't touring the US and is only doing select shows in major markets.
100% agree. Unless they are playing stadiums JP/BS/IM does not happen. Nobody is going to pay PPUSA Gold Badge money on nosebleed seats in arenas.

New album confirmed for shit by the way - Rick Rubin "producing."

edit: oh it says that in the video, but yeah, I can't expect this to be any good... Horrible autotune, mix will be brickwalled to hell, tight soulless protooling, etc.

I could hear some tuning in Ozzy's last single. Hated the song, so I didn't buy the album, but maybe we can expect better from an actual Black Sabbath album? Who knows.

For those that don't recall, Maiden co-headlined Ozzfest '05 with Sabbath...Maiden's last show of the tour was in San Bernadino, CA and to say it was a clusterfuck would be putting it mildly. Kelly Osbourne and her friends egged Maiden, they had their PA shut off three times, and Sharon came out after Maiden was done and berated Bruce until the crowd unceremoniously suggested she exit the stage using a four letter word starting with "c" and ending with "unt".

I knew there was a reason I hataed those broads. Why was Sharon giving Bruce shit?

I'm down for this.

But I agree with many other comments: It could be too late to see a really good Sabbath show, original members or not.

What will be the deal breaker for me is the price of the tickets. If they're in the $150-$250 range, forget it. I don't pay those prices to see U2 or Paul Simon or anybody else for that matter. Well, I take that back. I paid that (willingly!) to see Paul McCartney a couple of times. I'd pay $500 a ticket to see Paul McCartney. But a long-in-the-tooth Black Sabbath? Probably not.

I knew there was a reason I hataed those broads. Why was Sharon giving Bruce shit?
During one of Bruce's nightly speeches/rants during the tour, he had been saying something along the lines of "Iron Maiden have remained relevant because you, the fans, still respect good heavy metal...we don't need a reality TV show to connect with you, we just keep putting out good, honest music." A pretty obvious shot at "The Osbournes"...if Sharon had such a problem with it, it seems like she could've just pulled Rod Smallwood aside and told him to get Bruce to knock it off. Especially since Steve and Nicko ended up covered in eggs when she cut Kelly loose...kinda invalidates that whole "my problem was with Bruce and Bruce alone" argument.

I've always loved this picture of Steve from the incident. Egg dripping down his arm but he'll be damned if it's going to deter him.

Honestly though, the public reaction was very clearly in Maiden's favor on that one...Bruce's comments about the Osbournes were a little rude (albeit accurate), but Sharon's response just came across as petty and overblown.