Blackwater Park 5.1 Mix...??

Dogs_Of_War

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry, England
I did try searching but apparently if it's under 4 letters it doesn't count (so 5.1 is not recognised...).

Anyways, wouldn't it be great to get a 5.1 mix of the brilliant Blackwater Park album? I still think it has the best production and mix of ANY Opeth album. It sounds huge to my ears.

Are there any plans for one in the future?

I'm sure more of their material will get a 5.1 at some point of their careers. I would have thought mayh would come before bwp. A nice clean 5.1 mix of mayh would destroy. While I loved the Still Life 5.1 it got me thinking how great a mayh mix would sound.

MAYH in 5.1 should've came before still life IMO. there are more problems with the production on MAYH than on still life.

I would definatly buy 5.1 mix of the old stuff especially if it has some bonus content. I'D love to see the band in studio revisiting the stuff. Kind of classic album stuff. Talking about the recording process, showing how to play some stuff or even a full rendition of the album in the studio.

I would shit my pants if it happen.

I'd love to see every band begin embracing the 5.1 re-release format. A couple thousand dollars in the studio (on the label's behalf) can be easily recouped in a short matter of time.

As brilliant as the Still Life 5.1 disc is, i feel that the re-recorded clean guitars don't capture the enigmatic and emotionally-drenched feelings of the original tracks. Does anybody agree with this?

But yes, back to the original topic, Blackwater Park and MAYH would be instantly purchased by myself, at least, in the event of a 5.1 release. Many people don't have the proper equipment to use these (or the ear to notice a difference), but I believe that this would be easily outweighed in sales by people who truly appreciate multichannel sound.

I'm sure more of their material will get a 5.1 at some point of their careers. I would have thought mayh would come before bwp. A nice clean 5.1 mix of mayh would destroy. While I loved the Still Life 5.1 it got me thinking how great a mayh mix would sound.

agreed 100%. MAYH in 5.1 cleaned up would destroy. I'd also love to see the album art cleaned up and possibly redone by travis. Not that its bad, but it'd be interesting to see.

BWP on the other hand has great album art and doesn't need to be redone

what exactly is 5.1? sorry im a complete noob

still life and mayh sounded great originally, im fine without this newfangled 5.1

I'd kill to hear Blackwater Park, Deliverance AND especially Damnation mixed in 5.1 by Steven Wilson. He has done such a great job with all the surround mixes for Porcupine Tree!

Btw, I'm still VERY dissapointed with the 5.1 mix of Ghost Reveries. At least Jens Bogren's most recent 5.1 mixes (Still Life and Watershed) sound a million times better.

I'd kill to hear Blackwater Park, Deliverance AND especially Damnation mixed in 5.1 by Steven Wilson. He has done such a great job with all the surround mixes for Porcupine Tree!

Btw, I'm still VERY dissapointed with the 5.1 mix of Ghost Reveries. At least Jens Bogren's most recent 5.1 mixes (Still Life and Watershed) sound a million times better.

I agree. The vocals are everywhere when I'd rather them just be on the central speaker like with the Watershed one.