Blind Ego- Liquid (A+, 10/10, 5 Stars, Thumbs up)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
For me anyways.....

The melodies combined with a subtle rising crescendo just gives me goosebumps. The video reminds me of a subtle Subsignal.

However, they are more than that. This track has a Kingcrow meets Queensryche vibe.

Album is out Oct 21st.

Here is some more detail from http://www.gentleartofmusic.com/shop/blind-ego-liquid-cd-2/?lang=en :

"...Fluid. Powerful. Mighty.
Kalle Wallner’s solo project returns with a new album entitled Liquid and displays a more versatile performance than ever. Seven years have run down the road since Liquid’s predecessor Numb, and guess what the exceptionally gifted guitarist of RPWL chose to do? He throws himself into the high waters of rock music! Powerfully the songs fall over the listeners’ heads, relentlessly they swirl the audience around – just to culminate in carrying them gently on a wave of fascination. In order to breathe life into his vision, Kalle Wallner has once again assembled an illustrious super-group of international professionals: Michael Schwager, formerly of Dreamscape, is once again found behind the drumset, while Seabstian Harnack (Sylvan), Ralf Schwager (Subsignal) and Heiko Jung (Panzerballett) took turns in taking over bass duties. The all star-constellation is completed by a trio of vocalists consisting of Erik Blomkvist from Sweden, Subsignal’s Dutch frontman Arno Menses as well as American import Aaron Brooks of Simeon Soul Charger. Finally, the marvelously perfect sound of the record was once again provided by Gentle Art of Music’s grand maestro Yogi Lang..."

BE_GAOM047_500x500-460x460.jpg

Trailer:

Yes! Great album . I agree with the Subsignal comparison. I liked this so much, I looked into the older albums especially when I learned Arena's old singer is on one, at least.

I like it! Reminds me of the singer from Sieges Even.

There is a reason for this, it is the singer from Sieges Even. Guys, Arno Menses is the vocalist of Sieges Even, Subsignal and Blind Ego. lol, its not a bunch of dudes with the same voice.

Reactions: Kez
I liked it, but I have the same "issue" with this that I do with Subsignal, it's more rock than metal, and I don't listen to rock very often at all anymore.

Good call on this one Glenn !!!! First rate material with an excellent production !!!! Like Mardoch said, this is not metal, definitely rock - and a hybrid of styles at that. As already noted, the Arno Menses songs resemble Subsignal to a degree for obvious reasons, and the Erik Blomkvist songs tend to rock a bit more. This disc has a nice groove to it from start to finish, with some bluesy, artsy, prog rocky things thrown in as well.....very hard to pin down but just a nice, different change of pace than what we normally listen to. Really good stuff.

Excellent Superb!! Glenn never fails to always come up with new music that appeals to my ears!!! Sounds like a cross or mix of Threshold meets Porcupine Tree!! Thanks G

Bear