Borealis - Power Metal from Canada

These guys know how to do power metal. They have a strong, confident sound and I think these guys could definitely be future showcase/progpower material.

http://www.myspace.com/borealismetal

I agree. Great sound.

Apparently, others think so, too. They were just signed to Intromental, which means we may be lucky enough to see more of them in the near future.

Bill

Eh, nothing on their Myspace really grabbed me. Pretty standard symphonic power metal, IMO. I do like the singer's voice, though. There aren't nearly enough male singers in power metal who DON'T sing a high tenor. It's always nice to hear someone sing in a deeper register in power metal.

Eh, nothing on their Myspace really grabbed me. Pretty standard symphonic power metal, IMO. I do like the singer's voice, though. There aren't nearly enough male singers in power metal who DON'T sing a high tenor. It's always nice to hear someone sing in a deeper register in power metal.

Yeah I definitely agree with the singer comments and the music isn't overly in your face and blow you away, but it does have that confident solid sound and I can personally appreciate that. I can say I was gettin a little bit of a Jorn vibe in the singer at times. That could just be me though. So yeah, his voice is great indeed.

I got some Jorn, and a bit of Hetfield, too. *ducks rotten fruit*

The singer seems to have the kind of voice that could easily shift between clean, and harsher-sounding vocals. If he wanted to delve into grittier singing, I think he probably could.