Brothers of Metal forced to withdraw from PP USA XXI

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
It is with sadness, frustration and ultimately exhaustion, I must announce Brothers of Metal will not be able to join us in Atlanta this year. We simply could not overcome all the bureaucratic red tape and governmental obstacles placed in front of us. In addition, pandemic-related delays & current events in Europe contributed even further stressful issues that were unprecedented in our twenty-year history. We exhausted all efforts to resolve the situation, including paying an additional fee to expedite the visa process. For every successful step we took forward, we were forced to take two steps back. As we have experienced previously with the visa process, there are some things out of our control regardless of how much time, money, and effort we put into it. I will host a live video session on our official Facebook page this Saturday at 8pm EST to answer your questions about the situation along with anything else.

For those of you unaware of how difficult the process can be, I refer you to an article involving the band, Lord of the Lost, as an example:

https://thegauntlet.com/article/345...tes-?msclkid=5d2182b9a5ee11ec8bbc635cac6afa7d

The band and I have agreed we will both make every effort for Brothers of Metal to appear in the future at the festival. A replacement band for this year will be announced as soon as possible.

The irony of it all is that we have over a hundred thousand people from all over the world flooding into our country over our southern border with Mexico EVERY MONTH, and every effort is made to accommodate them and resettle them throughout the country despite the fact that no one knows who they are. Once the covid-19 restrictions end in a couple weeks, it is expected that number will double or triple.

Yet a well known band trying to enter the country legally, following all the rules, is denied. "Insane" doesn't even come close to describing the situation. Thanks for keeping the festival alive Glenn. A lesser man would have thrown in the towel a long time ago.