Buckethead

13ShadesofGray

RI Porch Commando
Oct 21, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.colleengray.com
Talk about a mental bitch slap! I was cruising through some HD channels earlier tonight and, lo and behold, I see the infamous KFC headgear on PBS. PBS!!!! The show is called Soundstage, for those who are interested, and it is an amazing concert series on PBS-HD. Got me thinking about how the mystery maestro might go over in front of the ProgPower crowd. I know he's not for everyone, but he is quite a sight to behold live (saw him here in SD a couple of years ago, and all I can say is *whoa*). He would put the Odd in Oddball, that's for damn sure. ;)

Talk about a mental bitch slap! I was cruising through some HD channels earlier tonight and, lo and behold, I see the infamous KFC headgear on PBS. PBS!!!! The show is called Soundstage, for those who are interested, and it is an amazing concert series on PBS-HD. Got me thinking about how the mystery maestro might go over in front of the ProgPower crowd. I know he's not for everyone, but he is quite a sight to behold live (saw him here in SD a couple of years ago, and all I can say is *whoa*). He would put the Odd in Oddball, that's for damn sure. ;)

I like Buckethead! But, just like The Mike Keneally Band, I don't think he would be right for the fest. DEFINATELY the oddest of the oddballs. He'd make Freak Kitchen look like Symphony-X! I feel the same way about Bumblefoot. I'd personally be wetting myself w/glee, but I'm not sure how many of the PP brothers & sisters would get into it.

J-Dubya - Must track down a copy of that Soundstage!

Buckethead rules! I just got back from the HOB Anaheim...which is the 4th time I have seen him live ( 3 times this year once last year). Incredible tour! New CD Crime Scene Slunk. The PBS Soundstage was great too...but you have to see him live to really experience Buckethead. My take... pure imagination..talent..and technique. Rock on!
What Buckethead have you heard? There is soooooo much he has done! IMHO I think he's genius!

Buckethead is INSANE! When I was 13 years old he ran on stage and performed with Primus (several times), and my brain has been warped ever since! I still have yet to finally see him perform one of his 3 hour long solo sets *he does come around quite often though, for having a KFC bucket on his head,* but hopefully one day I will get more than just a teaser live. Truly a unique player in the guitar world. Cheers!!

Looks like I was flipping through at the right time! lol Was part of a Bill Laswell Concert, evidently, and we hit the channel right in the middle of his set (towards the end of the show and right before Bootsy Collins). Also looks like it's airing a few more times. Here's the listing info.

YouTube Clip for ya.

Thanks Colleen! Looks like the Chicago PBS station has Heart, America, George Jones, & Ringo. I'll have to see what Milwaukee has to offer!
Youtube works just fine too!

J-Dubya

I saw Buckethead many times when i lived in SF. While I personally love his music and think he puts on a great live show, I don't think it would be a good fit for PP. Though it would be pretty much the ultimate oddball act...

dt

Buckethead rules! I just got back from the HOB Anaheim...which is the 4th time I have seen him live ( 3 times this year once last year). Incredible tour! New CD Crime Scene Slunk. The PBS Soundstage was great too...but you have to see him live to really experience Buckethead. My take... pure imagination..talent..and technique. Rock on!
What Buckethead have you heard? There is soooooo much he has done! IMHO I think he's genius!

:headbang: Totally :kickass: for Buckethead...I have seen him 2x and have a live CD. The guy is freaking amazing.

Chris Rifkin(HalcyonF5 and Stu said:
but what does he do with the chicken
does he throw it out into the crowd?
And does he wear the same bucket every show?

I have often wondered...Does he use the same bucket every night or does he have like backups?

BTW I think Buckethead would be cool at PP...FK went over extremely well why not BH? Not sure if Glenn would consider such a thing...curious :p