Buy your airline tickets now!

I hadn't been checking in here, since I'm not sure I can go, still... but I bought Jeremy his ticket for almost $100 less than we usually pay. And I bought mine anyway (since the boss was on vacation, the supervisor-in-charge authorized my time off... do you think that'll fly?!) for cheaper than I got J's (since it's a shorter trip. :p )

Do you have to leave from Albany? There have to be other airports in the area you can use. We're saving about $30 per ticket by not going out of O'Hare.

I see one going from Hartford, CT for $365, and one from Newburgh/Stewart, NY for $216 (with a stop in Pittsburgh).

We may fly out of Newburgh (we did last year) but I'd prefer nonstop and their only time for that kind of sucks since it wastes a day we could be doing stuff in Atlanta. Plus our flight time changed 4x last year and we went from a 2 pm arrival to a 6 pm arrival. But we may be living in NYC by Sept so even if Albany was cheaper I can't book. I'm just annoyed that Albany to Atlanta seems to be one of the few flights not getting cheaper (and has actually been rising according to Priceline). Pretty sad when I can book a flight to Cancun or the United Kingdom for cheaper.

I live right by O'Hare, I've tried using Midway and I had to spend an hour plus on public trans to get there.

Check different days of the week. I scored my tickets a couple weeks ago for $164 roundtrip on American out of O'Hare.

I live right by O'Hare, I've tried using Midway and I had to spend an hour plus on public trans to get there.

LOL... I live about 5-10 minutes from Cleveland Hopkins airport, but I choose to drive an hour out of my way to fly out of Akron/Canton. Hopkins is huge, and a big pain in the ass, whereas Akron/Canton is smaller, easier to navigate, less crowded, and has cheaper parking and cheaper airfares.

When I lived in northwest Indiana, I had flown out of both Midway and O'Hare, and I feel the same way about Midway that I feel about Akron/Canton. Even though O'Hare was easier to get to (I could take the freeway straight to it), I preferred Midway by a long shot. YMMV.

LOL... I live about 5-10 minutes from Cleveland Hopkins airport, but I choose to drive an hour out of my way to fly out of Akron/Canton. Hopkins is huge, and a big pain in the ass, whereas Akron/Canton is smaller, easier to navigate, less crowded, and has cheaper parking and cheaper airfares.

When I lived in northwest Indiana, I had flown out of both Midway and O'Hare, and I feel the same way about Midway that I feel about Akron/Canton. Even though O'Hare was easier to get to (I could take the freeway straight to it), I preferred Midway by a long shot. YMMV.

That may of been the case before Midway expanded/renovated but not so much anymore. I've flown out of both O'Hare and Midway plenty of times for work and have found more and more headaches leaving from Midway when the lines are long. I'm guessing with flight travel these days being down it should be painless flying out of just about every airport now.

We finally booked our flights last night. We're flying out of Newark since Albany wasn't showing any signs of lowering in price. I've followed the prices for 3 months now and they hadn't budged more than $100. Plus, this way we were able to get a nonstop flight using one of our Continental vouchers. It wasn't the best price available but we only paid $80 out of pocket and have a second voucher to use for a trip to Austin at the end of Oct. Hotel is already paid for, badges purchased, and now I have three and a half months to save up so I can raid the vendors. I haven't bought a CD since PPIX.

Last year I flew out of McArthur on Long Island. It was expensive, and the a-holes on Southwest air managed to lose my luggage going down AND coming home.
Ah, the memories.
Fantastic show though.

Blargh.. They're down about $200 but we may not be in Albany come Sept..... Direct flights are still almost $500 and I can get $160 out of NYC which may be where we're living by then.

We're driving two hours to Bloomington for $144 each, round trip + free parking. It beats the hell outta paying more or driving all the way. I figured it's not much longer a drive than driving to The Pearl Room. That's how I justify it to myself. ;)

Last year I flew out of McArthur on Long Island. It was expensive, and the a-holes on Southwest air managed to lose my luggage going down AND coming home.
Ah, the memories.
Fantastic show though.

Where did you fly too out of McArthur?

I hate you all. It's still over $400 pp for a direct flight from Albany. C'mon Delta! Lower your damn prices!

Edit: Actually, prices even went up. It's now $518.70 pp nonstop but that might be related to the weekend price hike they normally do.

Wow, that's more expensive than flying out of Seattle. The ticket prices for me are $338 at the moment to ATL.

Scored my tickets roundtrip from Oakland to Atlanta for $240 on Delta. Not bad considering I haven't paid under $250 for plane tickets since like... PP4?

The only non stop Delta has from the Bay Area is out of San Francisco and the price is $349. Haven't seen anything lower yet.

Anyone else?