Bx3, The G3 for Bassists, on Tour!

Unca Kev

Bass Player & Music Pimp
Mar 17, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
Billy Sheehan, Stu Hamm (BASS GODS, in my book!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: ), and Jeff Berlin (I haven't heard much from him yet) are on the roster!!!

http://www.bx3tour.com/

Unfortunately and not surprisingly, they have no tour dates in Florida.:erk: Well, they are going to cities where some of you live. If any of you go or have gone, let me know how it was. Enjoy!

damn...

i live in south mississippi, nothing ever comes here any more!

austin, tx is the closest thing to me

gay

Jeff Berlin is awesome. I bought his album "Lumpy Jazz" after seeing the first Bx3 tour last year. (I think it was last year). His music is very jazzy and it is rather laid back, mellow, calm etc. than Stu & Billy.

Jeff Berlin is awesome. I bought his album "Lumpy Jazz" after seeing the first Bx3 tour last year. (I think it was last year). His music is very jazzy and it is rather laid back, mellow, calm etc. than Stu & Billy.
I didn't even know about this last year. I'd like to check out more of Jeff Berlin sometime. I dig Jazz/Fusion (calm or fired up) as well.

That reminds me, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones will be at the Langerado festival this year. I think they're on tour and anyone who is a bass player or drummer and or Jazz/Fusion fan really needs to check them out! Victor Wooten is an awesome bass player to see live!!! Last year's Bela Fleck and the Flecktones show was one of the best concerts that I've ever seen (especially since other band members had technical problems due to the rain and Wooten got a lot of solo time :headbang: :kickass: :headbang: )!

Jeff Berlin like it has been stated... IS GOD! of course his stuff is more jazzy, laid back and stuff... I'd defenitly recommend to check his stuff with Richie Kotzen... he has also played with people like Allan Holdsworth, Neil Peart, Bill Bruford, John McLaughlin, Pat Metheny hell even Van Halen. I'm also a huge fan of Stu Hamm and Billy Sheehan...

With that said... and saying that I'm a bass player............. I'd never attend a Bx3 show... I dunno, but it doesn't feel right, a 3 hour show with the bass up front? not really what I like about the instrument... but to anyone who does go, I'm pretty sure they'll have a lot of fun with the finger acrobatics of those masters!