Cairo - Amazing band that mustn't be missed!

_Gentleman of_the Snow_

Prog' Drummer
Oct 30, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hello, guys 'n' gals. I'm here to talk about the band Cairo. They are a prog' rock/metal band with a large focus on great progressions, ceative writing and lengthy solos. They sometimes have more of a "jamming" feel than say, SymX or DT, which I find refreshing. I have the album Conflict & Dreams; a great album with a ton of variety. If you're looking for a new band to check out, here you go! :)

People who've heard of these guys - what are your thoughts on them?

I had the first Cairo album back in 95 or 96.....i sold it to a second hand cd shop soon after....there was a long song about the gates of avalon or something.....thats all i remember other than i didn't like it very much.

The keyboard player was with Tony MacAlpine and Mike Varney, their influences are 70s prog rock. I read an interview that said he pushed to get the guitar player to play "heavier". I'll pass on this one. I'm into "heavier" these days, had my hefty dose of 70s prog rock in the 70's !:loco:

I'm with Stu..they're real light prog rock, not my thing. That said, I still have their s/t and 'Conflict and Dreams' (kept them for when I was DJing, never know what someone was gonna request) if anyone wants them..$10 for both including shipping within the US, $15 outside the US.