Can you give me some tech band?

ronjarz said:
Yep, I talked to Jimmy Pitts about a year ago and told him that I'd be very interested in playing on their upcoming CD. Jimmy sent me a few tunes with keys and drum programming for reference, but I'm hoping to hear the tracks with the final instruments before I record any solos. A few months ago, I spoke with Alex about the project and he said that things are coming together. It should be a very cool CD!

Thanks,
Ron
WOW!

good to hear Ron! Cant wait to get my hands on it:tickled:

I just got the email from Alex, and sent him back a reply. Let's hope he's up for a project. It would be very cool if we could put something together!!

Have you checked out the DVD that comes with the latest Cannibal CD? Holy crap!!

And thanks again for the contact!

Ron

Did anyone mention LOINCLOTH!!! Cross Confessor with Breadwinner and that's what you get. Yippee!

http://members.aol.com/loinsofmetal/

If you ever get really stuck for something to listen to you could try my band Foe. Not fast, but we do use a lot of odd time signatures and write lengthy pieces of music that chop and change a lot. All instrumental.

www.foemusic.co.uk

All my other faves have been mentioned. Happy listening!

Jason

Drillbit said:
I think Toxik is a must band in tech thrash, their guitarist was awesome :loco:. Maybe Ron knows about this man... I heard nothing after Toxik.
Toxik was a great technical thrash band. Their first album World Circus was ok, but their second effort Think This was out of this world. Evey prog or thrash fan must have this album.

Guitar of Foe said:
Did anyone mention LOINCLOTH!!! Cross Confessor with Breadwinner and that's what you get. Yippee!

http://members.aol.com/loinsofmetal/

If you ever get really stuck for something to listen to you could try my band Foe. Not fast, but we do use a lot of odd time signatures and write lengthy pieces of music that chop and change a lot. All instrumental.

www.foemusic.co.uk

All my other faves have been mentioned. Happy listening!

Jason
Foe is really good ! I had to buy the damn album from amazon.co.uk... It was worth it though.

that new into eternity is pretty good. im into the journey vocals haha

thats sick if ron gets to play on that Death tribute. that new Disincarnate needs to come out ASAP. i wish someone did an orthodox prog-death metal band these days. tons of lazer/perfect 4th's and 5th's harmonizing and hilarious jazz drums (basically like newer Death) :headbang:

Atrox, especially their albums "Terrestrials" (and on this one especially the songs "Ruin", "Mental Nomads", "Changeling" and "The Beldam Of The Bedlam") and "Orgasm". The latter allegedly features some strong Meshuggah-ish influences. (I can´t say whether this is true, since I´m not too familiar with Meshuggah.) In addition to (mostly) original music, you get Hieronymus Bosch-esque artwork, unusual lyrics and possibly some of the most extraordinary vocals ever to be featured on metal albums. "Orgasm" is rather moderate in this regard (and thus probably their most accessible album), but I don´t think it´s likely you will find vocals like those on their album "Contentum" (they sound to me like a mixture of Kate Bush, Nina Hagen and some oriental influences) and also on "Terrestrials" on any other metal album.