Carvin Legacy Amp! I have some ?'s! Is anyone familar?

vengeance

Dec 19, 2001
Louisville KY
www.facebook.com
Has anyone heard the Carvin Vai Legacy amp Head? I'm curious because I'm seriously thinking about ordering one very soon, but I'm judging from the reviews I've read about it! I listened to a demo of it with Steve Vai playing through it but It didn't really reveal much to me at all! Is anyone out there familar with this amp or possibly owns one! I want an amp that of course has all the gain I could ever need but also has a very tight & punchy low end sound & doesn't fart out when I'm laying Extreme picking type riffs on the low E string! Help me!

www.AssistingSorrow.com
Check out these songs!

I don't own one, but I guarantee you'll be happy with it. It's been a while, but I have played one. It reminds me of a cross between a marchall JCM900 and a Peavey 5150. The bass is very thick and punchy. I have been using a Carvin guitar for years and don't have a doubt in my mind that the amps are any less quality. I have also been impressed with the solid state amps Carvin offers. However, the Legacy will totally blow you away. It's an excellent choice for a fan of rock or metal. Actually, it should be great for any type of music, but it is obviously built for the heavier stuff. The only reason more artists don't use Carvin gear is because of a lack of endorsement. Carvin doesn't seem to endorse very many people. You won't be dissapointed with the Legacy.

legacy = vai signature amp. If you like vai's tone, fine, but he's more of a shredder, I think there are probably better amps out there than this for the type of sound you're describing.

If you want heavy go for mesa boogie stuff, tight low end, tone to die for and it won't fart. Personally I'd recommend the triaxis+mesa2:90 setup, but if you want to avoid a rack then a rectifier or a mark IV (or something like that).

If you have the money to get a legacy look into the above and have a look into soldano, VHT and the other boutique amps out there. VHT amps are supposed to sound amazing, and have truckloads of gain.

But then again, I really don't like steve vai's tone. I think it's a bit too thin and processed.