Caught Up In This Crazy Circus

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
I have been listening to the ''1st Chapter'' non-stop, I just cant get over how good it is. Is it just me or does any else have a problem when they put on the album and they get through the first 3 tracks they go back to the beginning to listen to those three again. I am just absolutely in love with ''Sin'', ''Alive'', and ''Glory Of The Empire''. I dont care what anyone else says about them sounding so much like Dream Theater, hell I like Circus Maximus more than any Dream Theater album I own, and I own a good majority of their catalogue.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
I dont care what anyone else says about them sounding so much like Dream Theater, hell I like Circus Maximus more than any Dream Theater album I own, and I own a good majority of their catalogue.

not sure ive heard any comparisons to DT, personally i here more of a SX sound myself. either way, neither would be a band sound to shoot for...

This and Kamelot's "Black Halo" are easily my favorite cd's of 2005. Great disc and cannot wait to see them live. And I agree with the person above that said "more like SyX". I definitely hear more SyX and less DT.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
I have been listening to the ''1st Chapter'' non-stop, I just cant get over how good it is. Is it just me or does any else have a problem when they put on the album and they get through the first 3 tracks they go back to the beginning to listen to those three again. I am just absolutely in love with ''Sin'', ''Alive'', and ''Glory Of The Empire''. I dont care what anyone else says about them sounding so much like Dream Theater, hell I like Circus Maximus more than any Dream Theater album I own, and I own a good majority of their catalogue.

Thanx alot man!
I'm really honoured....
Can't wait to rip the stage apart at PPUSA!
Hope to see many of guys for a chat and a beer.

Truls, the drummer of doom

Truls of Doom said:
Thanx alot man!
I'm really honoured....
Can't wait to rip the stage apart at PPUSA!
Hope to see many of guys for a chat and a beer.

Truls, the drummer of doom

I know you guys only have one album, but can u let us know which songs will be definites? If you cut out the long one, I think i can figure it out, but if you play that one, it will be harder to determine which other ones will be played. Definitely looking forward to your set. Great album!

I would prefer the band not to post the setlist as there are people that like to be surprised. Perhaps they can email you directly and not ruin it for the rest.

Glenn H.

Have liked this album a lot since the first time I threw it in.
One of the best debuts I have heard in a very long time.
Definately reminded me more of SyX than DT but it has a lot more of a 70's feel to it....love tha Zappa feel to Biosfear..
At times it reminds me of Kansas...and what they might have become had they progressed from their first two albums into the 90's insteads of the late 70's early 80's.

Really looking forward to their show.

Good to see the guys from Circus Maximus here on the board!!! Welcome !!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys at ProgPower this year. The album really grows on me with each listen... Glory to the Empire RULES!!! I too would kinda like to see the setlist, but I think whatever you guys choose to play from 1st Chapter will be great anyway!!! And I'm sure you'll have a surprise in there somewhere...

Can't wait!! See you in ATLANTA!!!!!!!!

Today I had ''Glory Of The Empire'' in my head all day at school, and then I got in my car finally and listened to it. I just got goosebumps all over, just thinking about how awesome it will be to see this song played. <mouth watering for more>

i didn't realize this is a CM thread until now...(dumb me)
a while ago Bear kindly advised me that CM is a MUST buy! so i bought it and this has been my wake-up disk for almost one month now! that means i hear this album since i wake up till i leave for work...so i listen to the whole disk at least once a day and i think i can sing along all the songs ;) (hmm maybe humming..hehe)
and the other night, at some metal gathering in Tokyo, my friends (who unfortunately can't attend PP this time) and i were talking about how we were impressed by the first chapter! so i'm very looking forward to seeing your stage, i have to write a report for them! :headbang:

This is without a doubt one of the strongest debuts from a band in a while. I will go ahead and say that I enjoy this CD (minus the instrumental and slow song mid album).

However, those that think that the sound is not similar to Dream Theater must be living in another world. Although not a dead ringer or a "clone", they sound an awful lot like DT minus James. Because of this, I find it difficult to put this album/group in my "a" list of likes. I hope that they will hit us with a more original sophmore album. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this album and am very impressed with the musicianship and vocals.

Unlike another DT clone (Vanden Plas), there seems to be more to CM that appeals to me. For one, the singer is much better.

I have a friend who is not attending ProgPower this year because he is not into a lot of the bands performing (Therion and Pink Cream 69 excepted), but when he heard the Circus Maximus album, he told me that he felt he had made a serious mistake in not getting a ticket anyway.

BTW, I saw that there is a feature about Circus Maximus (including mentions of ProgPower) up at http://www.blistering.com . Pretty cool if you ask me; while Blistering.com does feature the kind of metal we like, they also feature a lot of metalcore and nu-metal type acts as well. Giving Circus Maximus front page feature treatment is pretty cool.