CD Inzane, read your email!

adaher

Apr 18, 2004
Coral Springs, FL
I know this probably isn't the best place for this, but I'm out $35 at this point and CD Inzane has yet to respond to any of my email inquiries(three inquiries over three weeks). I know the company takes the time to post ads here, so I'd assume they do actually read this board.

Ordered Allen/Lande LTD edition that came out Aug. 24, never received it. Want my money back. Refund me and we can continue to do the $300-$400 annual business we do together. Otherwise, I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Once again, apologies for bringing this on a public forum, but this kind of stuff won't happen if you read your email and answer customer concerns.

BTW, it's order # 10266.

adaher said:
I know this probably isn't the best place for this, but I'm out $35 at this point and CD Inzane has yet to respond to any of my email inquiries(three inquiries over three weeks). I know the company takes the time to post ads here, so I'd assume they do actually read this board.

Ordered Allen/Lande LTD edition that came out Aug. 24, never received it. Want my money back. Refund me and we can continue to do the $300-$400 annual business we do together. Otherwise, I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Once again, apologies for bringing this on a public forum, but this kind of stuff won't happen if you read your email and answer customer concerns.

BTW, it's order # 10266.

They have a posting on their website that they're having to make repairs to the facility, etc. It looks like they're not in full operation right now, so that could be the problem. I'd call them up though, if it was me.

adaher said:

BTW, it's order # 10266.

Hey I just caught this thread and thought I'd respond. Zane just got back from his extended Prog Power trip last Thursday, only to find that a huge hailstorm (ice chunks the size of golf balls) had beaten up most of the houses and cars in his part of Minneapolis. His phones and internet have been down for nearly a week and he is just getting back on his feet. Seems like this is the year for natural disasters!

I have turned a lot of folks on to CD Inzae and he is extremely reliable. Give him a chance to get his office back up to speed and I'm sure he'll continue giving you the great service that has warranted your loyal business.

Just as an aside, I've never ordered anything from Zane, but he is a friend of mine's favorite online seller. Zane and co. are nice folks in person, too.

PowerFreak said:
I can confirm what the others have said. They had some serious bad weather that affected their stores. Power was out for a long time, which prolly means phones were down too.

Zane's pure class man, so don't sweat it.

Zilla
Ditto all the above. Let them recover from their own natural disaster and the stuff will come. :headbang:

Update: He is going to make it right by refunding my credit card, so as always, he's a reliable guy to deal with.

Which I won't be doing anymore because he was upset at my little stunt here. He'll no longer do business with me. Well, like I said it wouldn't have happened if he answered his email, and I warned him in the 2nd and 3rd emails that if I didn't get an answer I would take it to a public forum where I knew I would get his attention. The first email was sent BEFORE the hailstorm. Sorry that bridge is burned, he was by far my favorite vendor to deal with.

To sum up, he's doing the right thing, no one need worry that he's not reliable in case anyone got that impression.

E-mail is a very poor choice of communication tools. A simple 3 minute phone call normally goes a lot further, faster. Glad to see you got your $$ refunded, but I would have done the same thing Zane has in this case.

Well, I clicked on the contact link, but I got no contact.:) To be honest, it never has occurred to me to call an internet retailer. Clicking on a business's contact link is the standard way to correspond.

It's a dumb setup to have multiple methods of contact, but if you don't choose the "right" one, you don't get any service. It's also dumb to throw away good money because your pride's been hurt. In my line of work, when you screw up, if you don't make it right, people will take it public. If you can't handle that, you're not ready for prime time. Stick to ebay.

He didn't lose anything, actually. He made it right, he had a legitimate problem, but unlike his associate who posted earlier, he took it personally. He chose to not do business any longer. I showed him understanding when it was explained what was going on, but he showed no understanding for my situation(as if I'm just going to say "screw it" when i'm out $35 and the vendor doesn't respond to email).

adaher said:
He didn't lose anything, actually. He made it right, he had a legitimate problem, but unlike his associate who posted earlier, he took it personally. He chose to not do business any longer. I showed him understanding when it was explained what was going on, but he showed no understanding for my situation(as if I'm just going to say "screw it" when i'm out $35 and the vendor doesn't respond to email).

Now you've got my morbid curiousity going...you did see the notice on his website that he would be closed starting a full week BEFORE ProgPower, and that any outstanding issues would be resolved after that time...right? I know he goes out of his way to set up his website and voicemail so that everyone knows this. The hailstorm only added to the delay of addressing what I am sure is an unfortunate situation...?

I saw the notice, and that prompted me to send a message the first day it went up(I check the site daily for new releases), inquiring if my orders had been sent. I had three. Not a complaint, just an inquiry to find out for my info so I'd know whether I could expect my CDs before i went to Progpower, as I ordered them specifically for a long bus trip, to pass the time. No response. No sweat, either.

When I came back, two of my orders were in the mail, the older one that was placed before them was not. So I was pretty sure something had gone wrong. I sent another message inquiring if the missing one had been sent out. No response.

I then sent a 3rd notice one week later that i had not received the CD nor a response to my other inquiries, and that if he didn't respond to the third notice I would get his attention on a more public forum.

You know what happened next. You politely explained to me that there were weather issues. Something which I would not have known if I hadn't inquired here. My response was, in post #6, "Okay, that's a good explanation. Thank you." See, we had no more issues. He'd resolve it when he could, all is well, right?

Well, not exactly.

Now you've got my morbid curiousity going...you did see the notice on his website that he would be closed starting a full week BEFORE ProgPower, and that any outstanding issues would be resolved after that time...right

And actually, I recall that the message said the shipping department was closed, but that other functions(ordering, customer service) would continue.

I have also failed to find the message on the site about weather problems. Does everyone who has ordered in the last couple of weeks know there is a delay?

I stick with laser's edge and the end records. I've had problems with him to that I won't bother getting into on this forum. All i will say is apparently he doesn't mind losing good customers in a relatively small community. Adaher, I would have done the exact same thing you did. You are the buying customer and are entitled to know what is going on with your purchases. He must be doing some business to be able to tell people he will no longer deal with them. I guess you are screwed now adaher since CD Inzane is usually the only place in the United States to stock items that surprisingly are readily found through any other metal vendor's website! (Gotta love it!)