Celtic Frost - Emperor US Tour News!

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
With the group's July 14, 2006 gig at New York City's B.B. King's club over half way sold out at press time, Norwegian black metal legends EMPEROR will be adding a second New York City show on July 13 at the same venue. According to the group's booking agent, over 500 tickets have been sold for the July 14 date less than a week after the show was announced, with tickets selling consistently at a rate of about 50 per day. Tickets for the July 13 concert are expected to go on sale in the next couple of days. EMPEROR are also scheduled to play The Key Club in Hollywood, California on July 16, 2006.

In a recent interview with Terrorizer magazine, EMPEROR guitarist Samoth had the following to say about the upcoming shows: "We will play something from all the EMPEROR albums, and that means that we'll also play some songs from the 'Prometheus' album. But the show will be somewhat traditional. We have a good feeling on what the fans want to hear, so there are songs that we just have to play. We have more than enough material to pick from, so that won't be a problem at all." Added frontman Ihsahn: "Even though we'll have to leave some songs out, we hope we can get the fans to feel that they didn't miss anything when they see us now. I don't think we'll go out as a parody of ourselves."

Upcoming EMPEROR shows:

Apr. 13-15 - Oslo, NOR @ Inferno Festival
Jul. 13 - New York, NY @ B.B. King's (to be confirmed)
Jul. 14 - New York, NY B.B. King's
Jul. 16 - Los Angeles, CA @ Key Club
Aug. 3-5 - Wacken, GER @ Wacken Open Air
----------
Seminal avant-garde metal pioneers CELTIC FROST (photo) will be embarking on a U.S. tour beginning next September, BLABBERMOUTH.NET can exclusively reveal. So far, it appears that the trek will include a two-night stint (Sept. 12-13) at Jaxx in Springfield, Virginia, followed by two back-to-back shows at B.B. King's in New York City on September 14-15. More information will be made available soon.

As previously reported. CELTIC FROST have been confirmed for next year's Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place August 3-5, 2006 in Wacken, Germany. The reunited band will perform a 90-minute "best of" set (including new songs) on August 4 on the "Blackstage."

CELTIC FROST have set "Monotheist" as the tentative title of their first album in 13 years. The culmination of some three and a half years of songwriting and recording work, the album was largely produced by the band themselves and financed by their own production company, with additional assistance from HYPOCRISY/PAIN mastermind Peter Tägtgren during the final recording and mixing sessions at Horus Sound Studio in Hanover, Germany. Negotiations with a variety of labels are currently underway, and the album is scheduled for a release in early 2006. Original CELTIC FROST members Tom Gabriel Fischer (voice and guitars) and Martin Eric Ain (bass) are joined by Erol Unala (guitar) and Franco Sesa (drums). The band are now managed by Antje Lange for The A Label in Berlin, Germany.
----------

I am so fucking excited about these two tours. 2006 is already shaping up to be an absolutely amazing year for metal. LOUDNESS, KREATOR, MORBID ANGEL/BEHEMOTH/KRISIUN, OVERKILL, SODOM/FINNTROLL, ANTHRAX, MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP, GIGANTOUR 2, SONATA ARCTICA, NILE/HYPOCRISY/DECAPITATED! All we need now is a ProgPower appearance from Crimson Glory, and US appearances by Gamma Ray, Running Wild, Helloween, Grave Digger, and Pagan's Mind and life is complete.

According to Pollstar.com, "EMPEROR" will be performing this Saturday, December 3 at the Galaxy Theatre in Santa Ana, California ahead of their two-night stint in New York City next July. However, further research shows this particular "EMPEROR" to be the self-proclaimed "Southern California's Premier Classic Rock Band" who released their self-titled debut album back in 1977. More information — including audio samples! — is available at www.emperorrocks.com.

TheGraveDigger said:
From my understanding Emperor are lined up to do a show a Jaxx in West Springfield, VA.
I think that fell through. It looks like they're only doing NYC and LA. It's a shame for everybody else, but I'm only an hour away from NYC so I'm happy.

Sounds good on the Celtic Frost reunion. Now if they'd just play Atlanta :loco:

TheGraveDigger said:
With the group's July 14, 2006 gig at New York City's B.B. King's club over half way sold out at press time, Norwegian black metal legends EMPEROR will be adding a second New York City show on July 13 at the same venue. According to the group's booking agent, over 500 tickets have been sold for the July 14 date less than a week after the show was announced, with tickets selling consistently at a rate of about 50 per day. Tickets for the July 13 concert are expected to go on sale in the next couple of days. EMPEROR are also scheduled to play The Key Club in Hollywood, California on July 16, 2006.

In a recent interview with Terrorizer magazine, EMPEROR guitarist Samoth had the following to say about the upcoming shows: "We will play something from all the EMPEROR albums, and that means that we'll also play some songs from the 'Prometheus' album. But the show will be somewhat traditional. We have a good feeling on what the fans want to hear, so there are songs that we just have to play. We have more than enough material to pick from, so that won't be a problem at all." Added frontman Ihsahn: "Even though we'll have to leave some songs out, we hope we can get the fans to feel that they didn't miss anything when they see us now. I don't think we'll go out as a parody of ourselves."

Upcoming EMPEROR shows:

Apr. 13-15 - Oslo, NOR @ Inferno Festival
Jul. 13 - New York, NY @ B.B. King's (to be confirmed)
Jul. 14 - New York, NY B.B. King's
Jul. 16 - Los Angeles, CA @ Key Club
Aug. 3-5 - Wacken, GER @ Wacken Open Air
----------
Seminal avant-garde metal pioneers CELTIC FROST (photo) will be embarking on a U.S. tour beginning next September, BLABBERMOUTH.NET can exclusively reveal. So far, it appears that the trek will include a two-night stint (Sept. 12-13) at Jaxx in Springfield, Virginia, followed by two back-to-back shows at B.B. King's in New York City on September 14-15. More information will be made available soon.

As previously reported. CELTIC FROST have been confirmed for next year's Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place August 3-5, 2006 in Wacken, Germany. The reunited band will perform a 90-minute "best of" set (including new songs) on August 4 on the "Blackstage."

CELTIC FROST have set "Monotheist" as the tentative title of their first album in 13 years. The culmination of some three and a half years of songwriting and recording work, the album was largely produced by the band themselves and financed by their own production company, with additional assistance from HYPOCRISY/PAIN mastermind Peter Tägtgren during the final recording and mixing sessions at Horus Sound Studio in Hanover, Germany. Negotiations with a variety of labels are currently underway, and the album is scheduled for a release in early 2006. Original CELTIC FROST members Tom Gabriel Fischer (voice and guitars) and Martin Eric Ain (bass) are joined by Erol Unala (guitar) and Franco Sesa (drums). The band are now managed by Antje Lange for The A Label in Berlin, Germany.
----------

I am so fucking excited about these two tours. 2006 is already shaping up to be an absolutely amazing year for metal. LOUDNESS, KREATOR, MORBID ANGEL/BEHEMOTH/KRISIUN, OVERKILL, SODOM/FINNTROLL, ANTHRAX, MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP, GIGANTOUR 2, SONATA ARCTICA, NILE/HYPOCRISY/DECAPITATED! All we need now is a ProgPower appearance from Crimson Glory, and US appearances by Gamma Ray, Running Wild, Helloween, Grave Digger, and Pagan's Mind and life is complete.

I would love to see Celtic Frost and I hope the BBKings show isn't sold out before I buy the tickets. I'm not going to be able to get those tickets until I see the ProgPower dates. If it's the same weekend I might not be able to see them at all... :erk:

blatantdream said:
I would love to see Celtic Frost and I hope the BBKings show isn't sold out before I buy the tickets. I'm not going to be able to get those tickets until I see the ProgPower dates. If it's the same weekend I might not be able to see them at all... :erk:

WTF??? Dude, Progpower takes place in September, not July. There's no way in the universe Progpower can be held in July as that's right smack in the heart of the Open Air Euro festival season. Trust me, get your Emperor tickets now.

Dark One said:
WTF??? Dude, Progpower takes place in September, not July. There's no way in the universe Progpower can be held in July as that's right smack in the heart of the Open Air Euro festival season. Trust me, get your Emperor tickets now.

Yes I know Progpower takes place in September! On the BB Kings website, they clearly state that the Celtic Frost show is September 14th and 15th, a Thursday and Friday. I like Emperor but I'm more looking forward to the Celtic Frost show.

blatantdream said:
Yes I know Progpower takes place in September! On the BB Kings website, they clearly state that the Celtic Frost show is September 14th and 15th, a Thursday and Friday. I like Emperor but I'm more looking forward to the Celtic Frost show.

Whoops, my bad dude, I was only looking at the Emperor dates. Your fear is indeed genuine and understood.