Cheap Trick Fans?

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
I love the old stuff and I love the new stuff. Don't get me wrong I do not like all of their material but like a vast majority of it. I was curious as to how people on this board feel about them. I saw them for the first time last summer open for Def Leppard and Poison (they should have headlined!).

Cheap Trick is one of those bands that is great live, but I have always found them kinda bland on record. I only saw them live once, opening for Budgie of all things... Or maybe Budgie opened for them? However, live they were amazing.

I like them quite a bit....just a cool band that keeps chugging along year after year. I think "Rockford" was one of the best rock releases over the last 5+ years....killer cd. "The Latest" is a pretty solid release too.....their "Sgt. Pepper Live" cd was a little lackluster, but it's always cool to hear Cheap Trick covering The Beatles. I always keep my eyes open for a new Cheap Trick release.

only song i know is the one from Top Gun called Mighty Wings- and that is a great track.

most people that are into them told me that its not a good representation of them though and that they dont really sound like that so never got around to checking them out beyond that

only song i know is the one from Top Gun called Mighty Wings- and that is a great track.

most people that are into them told me that its not a good representation of them though and that they dont really sound like that so never got around to checking them out beyond that

I'm pretty sure you've heard more than one song...."Dream Police"?.... "I Want You To Want Me"?...."The Flame"?...."Surrender"? Just listen to some classic rock radio for a bit and I'm sure you'll hear some Cheap Trick.

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/152027

Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2010 at 22:51:33 EST

CHEAP TRICK frontman Robin Zander recently spoke with Gary Graff of Billboard.com about his band's upcoming Dream Police concerts - 12 shows scheduled for January and February 2011 - which will feature the Rhythmic Noise Philharmonic Orchestra & Mind Choir. An excerpt follows:

"It will be like a three-part show," Zander explains, "Dream Police being the core. There's going to be some film, some interviews, some of our other music that's going to be performed by other people - I can't really say special guests, but guests - some medleys done (by) just the orchestra. There will be some different renditions of songs; 'The Flame' will have a different approach to it. We've discussed putting together our own sort of ending that's kind of bits and pieces of songs that are familiar with the audience."

"It takes a lot of time and a lot of thought to not just go in and do the album from front to back but to sort of give a history of what led up to the album. It's going to cover a lot of ground."

To read the article in its entirety, click here.

I'm pretty sure you've heard more than one song...."Dream Police"?.... "I Want You To Want Me"?...."The Flame"?...."Surrender"? Just listen to some classic rock radio for a bit and I'm sure you'll hear some Cheap Trick.

haha thanks for the suggestions but nah man, i just turned 19. i did youtube those songs. "i want you to want me" sounds vaguely familiar...no clue on the others.

but then again none of them did sound like mighty wings to me so ill stick to that...lol

haha thanks for the suggestions but nah man, i just turned 19. i did youtube those songs. "i want you to want me" sounds vaguely familiar...no clue on the others.

but then again none of them did sound like mighty wings to me so ill stick to that...lol

ever watch "that 70's show"? you've heard more CT then ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_'70s_Show#Theme_song

i am a long-time fan of Robin and the boys - it's my music for when i want rock, but nothing too...in-your-face - along with some Journey and Boston and the like

You have NEVER heard the song "Surrender"?????????????????? :yow:

All I have to say is:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0&feature=related[/ame]

Saw them this past summer. They still put on a great show. Not a fan of their most recent stuff - but their older stuff from the 70s and 80s are still great to listen to.

It was also great that I didn't have to travel far to see them either, as they came to our po-dunk little town and performed at a summer-only outdoor venue. There wasn't that big of a crowd but they put on a great show regardless.

Saw them maybe 7 years ago playing in Ohio outdoors at the grand 0pening of an giant outdoor walking mall. They were good and I like some of their stuff but don't listen much. My Dad is a huge fan. Robin Zander is a great singer.

Side note...I think most of the band besides the singer were in the band Fuse in the 70s and they put out one really killer hard rock/psych album.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmnJI4nvLD8&feature=related[/ame]

My brother and sister took me to see them as my first concert when I was a kid in 79, I want to say they played with Off Broadway but that could have been the time I saw them at Chicago Fest.