"Chitty" quits Power Quest....

ICEDEARTHFAN

IN MEMORY.....
Sep 24, 2008
Northeast Alabama
From BWBK:
"We are sorry to have to announce that Chity Somapala has left Power Quest, making the appearance at BOA his last with the band. Chity decided that, at this stage of his career, he wanted to move away from metal to focus on his solo work which is more rock and blues based."

Power Quest mainman Steve Williams commented: "Clearly the last thing I wanted after releasing the Blood Alliance album earlier this year was to have another lineup change, having been through so many in recent times. Having said that, we all have to do what is right for us at specific points in time and we part ways with Chity on very good terms and wish him all the very best for the future. Myself, Andy, Paul, Rich and Gav have been auditioning potential replacements for the past couple of months and we have now decided on who will be the man to take up the frontman role in the band. We would like to thank everyone who has submitted recordings and travelled to auditions as well.

We are already hard at work rehearsing for the UK dates in November and we can promise quite a different set list to what we have been performing so far this year. We will be revealing the identity of our new frontman very soon... this guy blew us away at the auditions! The first shows with the new vocalist will be in Bedford on November 25th and Wakefield on November 27th, and the Wakefield show will be streamed live on the web!"

I thought he was great at this years event,but what does this mean for Red Circuit?

Chity decided that, at this stage of his career, he wanted to move away from metal to focus on his solo work which is more rock and blues based."

I thought he was great at this years event,but what does this mean for Red Circuit?

I assume that in the next few weeks we will be hearing the announcement that Chity has left Red Circuit, or Red Circuit has disbanded, because, if I'm not mistaken, Red Circuit was sort of "his" band, wasn't it?

It appears from his last Facebook post that he plans to continue with Red Circuit. Here is an excerpt:
"RED CIRCUIT is a band i worked since 2002 with the Producer Markus Teske ( Vanden Plas, Dominici,Mob Rules and etc ) i shall still continue cos. we connect to sounds from all over the world.
I wish Power quest all the best!"

Power Quest mainman Steve Williams commented: "Clearly the last thing I wanted after releasing the Blood Alliance album earlier this year was to have another lineup change

I'm baffled that he wasn't expecting this. He has a track record of not staying with any one band for very long. This is a case where knowing someone personally might actually make one LESS informed about them than if one just knew their resume. As a former hiring manager, I know how that works. The resume says they leave jobs after a short time, but they tell you those were all different, this job they really want to stay with. More often than not, they end up leaving.

As thrilled as I was to have a great singer like Chitty on the album, I don't think he ended up fitting their sound very well. However, the rest of the new lineup was incredible and as always the songwriting was incredible, actually better than it's ever been. Blood Alliance for me is one of the greatest metal albums ever. I'm pretty confident the next one will be even more awesome with a new singer.

Please don't blame me:) i won't sing for free anymore and i've done it too often for others.it's time to get paid for you work, i don't care anymore what good songs,what great fucking label,what great respect... nuff z nuff and power metal is dead so i decided my own thing, is it bad?

Please don't blame me:) i won't sing for free anymore and i've done it too often for others.it's time to get paid for you work, i don't care anymore what good songs,what great fucking label,what great respect... nuff z nuff and power metal is dead so i decided my own thing, is it bad?

I wish you all the best in everything you do,I just hope Red Circuit still continues to be a project of yours because you guys are awesome!!!

Hey Chitty. You have a great voice. You do what you got to do. Good luck to you. :Smokin: I look forward to the next Red Circuit album.

Thank you for not leaving Red Circuit! I don't think I could have dealt with that very well. :erk:

Wish you didn't think power metal was dead... and rock/blues bores me..... BUT looking forward to your solo disc. I don't know how that makes sense, but it's true. Good luck, Chitty!

Chity- I wish you all the best and I really hope you see this message.

I'm in total agreement with you. Allow me to rant for a second...
In December 2008 I got an offer to play drums for a band that I had been a fan of since 1997 & who were very influential on me. I was told I would get paid X-amount of dollars per gig and during tours I would get paid each week and all travel expenses (I live in Baltimore and this band was based in South Carolina, so I had an 8-hour drive constantly) would be covered and food/meals on the road would be covered, etc, etc, etc. At the time, I had that whole "it's about the music, not the money..." attitude. At first, the lack of money didn't really bother me, but before long, when I turned out to be spending more than I was making & having to constantly borrow money or sell/pawn my possessions to get money in order to play with this band, I knew I had to get out of it. Not to mention these guys didn't treat me with much respect & I was constantly starving on the road since getting $2 so I could grab a dollar menu burger or 2 was too much to ask! I finally ended my relations with this band in March 2011. Anyway, I fully understand & respect your decision to not "sing for free anymore". I don't tour for free anymore!:lol:

Sorry for ranting. Wish you all the best, Chity!

By the way...I'm a big fan of Blues so I am stoked about your solo disc!

oh...and Power Metal isn't dead, it's just stale now :lol:

Well, for my part, I thought it was likely this was a one-off for you, but that wasn't a moral judgment, people have to do what they have to do. I'll eagerly pick up your next project just like I picked up Avalon, Firewind, Civilization One, Power Quest, and Red Circuit. Some of the greatest singers in the world aren't known for one band: DC Cooper, Jeff Scott Soto, Joe Lynn Turner...

Well, for my part, I thought it was likely this was a one-off for you, but that wasn't a moral judgment, people have to do what they have to do. I'll eagerly pick up your next project just like I picked up Avalon, Firewind, Civilization One, Power Quest, and Red Circuit. Some of the greatest singers in the world aren't known for one band: DC Cooper, Jeff Scott Soto, Joe Lynn Turner...

...Dio

Isn't getting paid decently to sing easier said than done though? I have musician friends, as I'm sure most of us on this forum do, and they don't get paid much if anything, and they are at a much lower level on the music industry totem pole than a Chitty. Is there a better opportunity waiting that is going to be announced soon?

Absolutely NOT! Wishing you the best of everything! :headbang: