Christmas in El Paso 2013

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
This home is a block over from my house, great light show, and pretty good music. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you live right there - maybe you can answer this burning question I've been dying to know ever since these videos have been popping up - I live in an urban city and something like this could never in a million years happen near me.

When they do these light shows synced to the music, do they record the light show without sound and then add the music in editing - or do they actually run through it with music blaring across the whole neighborhood and then add the music in editing afterwords? If it's the latter, how often do these shows go on for and does it ever get grating after a while? It seems like it would be pretty incredible to live next to one of those houses for a bit but maybe it would get a bit insane after a while no?

merry christmas to you too!

Having been to this show and knowing the family. This production is done with the cooperation of not only all the neighbors, but with the police(traffic control and paid for by the family), the Texas State Guard(helps provide parking control and a medical station if needed) and Montwood HS(parking). This was recorded with lights and sound at the same time as far as I know. This show in El Paso lasts about 10 minutes, and it is done at 6:00pm, 7:00pm, and 8:00pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from Dec 15 thru Dec 25th.

I was always under the impression that some use FM transmitters so that you only hear the music if you are dialed into that specific FM channel on your card radio as you drive by.

I was always under the impression that some use FM transmitters so that you only hear the music if you are dialed into that specific FM channel on your card radio as you drive by.

That is still the case, I believe for some smaller displays, but this one is not a drive by, you park in the school parking lot and then stand in front of the house(about 1,000 people at a time.