Circle II Circle - Feb 2nd - Exclusive Atlanta Show!

Next up, the long-awaited Atlanta debut of ODIN’S COURT! As stated in the beginning of this thread, I was already pretty excited that these guys were making the trip down to play for us; however, the samples I’ve heard online, as good as they are, simply do not do them justice…these guys absolutely SMOKED! I shudder to think how good they must be when they’ve actually had some sleep! I would definitely welcome any opportunity to see them again (perhaps with Canvas Solaris also on the bill???...paging Hoyt)!...
Hey James!!

THat's AWESOME dude! I'm glad that you were looking so forward to seeing us play, but it really makes me happy to hear that you really enjoyed what you saw/heard! Yeah, sleep would've been a good thing! Well, I hope that we can accomodate you and get to do another show in the area sometime in the future! We are working hard, so the next time should even be better!

Thanks again for all the kind words! It was great meeting you and Kathy too!!

P.S. Don't worry, I won't call you Scooter. ;)

Odin's Court - wow. I was only slightly familiar with your music, but thoroughly enjoyed that show. Seemed to go by so quickly though...left me wanting more! And the sax was HOT!!! :kickass: It was great to see you "again" Rick...my POS buddy!!!
Awesome! I'm so glad that you enjoyed our set! Now, you can get more familiar with our music for next time. Hopefully we'll get something going with releasing our new disk soon!! BTW, one of the songs were did with sax is on our MySpace. It is called Volatilestial. Bill's solo follows directly after my guitar solo and he really did an amazing job there!

It was great to see you again too! You have such a cool family! And to think that we were pretty much standing next to each other during PoS' set @ PP1... how crazy is that?!?!?

Until next time....:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Well, if a certain someone (matt-odin's court-i'm calling you out) would have given ME tator tots instead of TESS, then I wouldn't have been so friggin' hungry when we got back!! :cry: That poor vending machine didn't know what was comin' when I hit it. :heh:
HEY NOW!!!! I was right there when Matt offered you a quarter of his club sandwich (that looked damn good!). You better be nice. :lol: Besides, its Tess you should be mad at! :p

Indeed! For the most part we were. Hell, most of us just bought them in the past MONTH! Matt has had his for a while now. I was doing good until one ear fell out. Then a few songs later the other ear fell out.

I really like having the different mixes -- especially since we have so much going on. I'd prefer more mixes so I could totally have my own, but three isn't too bad. The soundman did a pretty good job of dialing in a decent monitor mix for most of us too. I definitely like in-ears and will continue to use them, but I think the custom molds are definitely in my future! ..... :headbang:

With all the moving and hair-whipping I do on-stage, I've actually had to tape (using medical tape) my earbuds down. You may be able to get away with that too since your hair is long and it'll cover the tape. Actually we ended up ditching the earbuds that Shure offered with the receivers (yeah, that was $40 apiece we could've used elsewhere) and I ended up getting some Phillips-made thing from Best Buy that were a lot more comfortable. Just a thought until you can get the custom moulds :D

Three mixes isn't bad at all. I'd definitely recommend sticking all the vocals in one mix so you can hear each other for those harmonies.

PS -- I'm all about that saxophone. Just gotta have respect for any metal band that has the guts to throw in additional instruments and sounds besides the classic guitars / bass / drums / vox / keys. :)

Cool! Please let me know when you DL that footage off the camera. You know we would really like a copy of whatever you got of us. Unfortunatey, my camera turned out a bit dark. The audio came out decent, but the video was not the quality I was hoping for.

The video and audio came out okay on my recording, but I've been having problems uploading them...they're huge. (I don't think for a moment that they'll fit on YouTube, even assuming the stupid proprietary file format is acceptable.)

I'll try again tonight from my main (wired) 'puter instead of from the laptop (on wireless).

The video and audio came out okay on my recording, but I've been having problems uploading them...they're huge. (I don't think for a moment that they'll fit on YouTube, even assuming the stupid proprietary file format is acceptable.)

I'll try again tonight from my main (wired) 'puter instead of from the laptop (on wireless).
Rick can set you up with access to his FTP server and you can upload them there. :D I plan on taking what you have and Rick has and combining it with my audio to put a few clips on YouTub. Thanks! :)

With all the moving and hair-whipping I do on-stage, I've actually had to tape (using medical tape) my earbuds down. You may be able to get away with that too since your hair is long and it'll cover the tape. Actually we ended up ditching the earbuds that Shure offered with the receivers (yeah, that was $40 apiece we could've used elsewhere) and I ended up getting some Phillips-made thing from Best Buy that were a lot more comfortable. Just a thought until you can get the custom moulds :D

Three mixes isn't bad at all. I'd definitely recommend sticking all the vocals in one mix so you can hear each other for those harmonies.

PS -- I'm all about that saxophone. Just gotta have respect for any metal band that has the guts to throw in additional instruments and sounds besides the classic guitars / bass / drums / vox / keys. :)
Yeah, I have that same problem too. I took it a little easier this time because I didn't want them to fall out. Obviously, that wasn't good enough. I tried all the different inserts that came them too. The foam ones ended up working the best. Where did you find them for only $40?!?!?! I've seen the E2 earbuds going for ~$125. Mine came as part as the whole system (transmitter, receiver pack, earbuds). My question about the Phillips earbuds you are using is whether they block out the external noise as well? I know the custom molds will be pricey, but I think they will be worth it in the long run if they stay in better, block out the external noise even more, and sound better!

By three mixes, I mean that we have three individual mixes that can be tailored for whoever is on that mix. The rhythm section (Craig - B and John - D) also happens to sing in the same range, so they share one mix. Savino (keys) and I sing more in the same range, so we share another mix. Matt has his own. When we do have the sax player, he piggybacks on whoever's mix he feels like. At the show he used Craig and John's.

Awesome! Glad that you liked the addition. I honestly had my own reservations when Matt talked about it way back when planning the CD as I have never been a fan of the sax (despite my doppelganger). However, the minute I heard the first sax solo, I was blown away. That guy is phenomenal on the sax! Matt and I actually gave up a couple of solos at the show just to give him more live play time. He's not on those songs on the CD (except the one you came up to sing on).

I'm sure they are huge. As Matt mentioned, you can UL them directly to my machine. I'll have to create an account for you once I get home and I'll send you the details so you can send that to me. Thanks in advance! BTW, what is the file format?

I'm sure they are huge. As Matt mentioned, you can UL them directly to my machine. I'll have to create an account for you once I get home and I'll send you the details so you can send that to me. Thanks in advance! BTW, what is the file format?

xxxxx.mod <--- which is apparently mpeg-2. Windows doesn't know it, but Windows Media Player will play them fine after being cajoled into it. :)

Mindflow's latest album sounds like Pain of Salvation. Good stuff.

Meyvn is a good band.

Thanks for the info! I did get the one very small snippet you upped last night. And yes, WMP came right up as a program to play it. Were you having trouble upping the rest?

Yep, the transfer failed yet again. It had actually gotten about 200 megs into the upload and failed, so I tried to restart it and it began from the beginning again. :erk:

If it played audio -and- video for you, let me know and I'll start it over again.

today's post is brought to you by the letter M

stay tuned for details... :cool:

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

%
pop, pop, pop music
pop, pop, pop music
%

-M

:)

Are you serious? Man, I really have to give this Mindflow a real listen! :headbang:

Crud, I could have played 'em on my car stereo behind Sidelines after the show if I'd known. :)

They're similar enough that if you like Pain of Salvation, you'll likely like MindFlow. They've done a cover of "Undertow" (or was it "Rope Ends"?) before, but sadly, not at Texas MadFest.

Very cool guys, too. They talk to BIRDS! :lol: :kickass:

Yep, the transfer failed yet again. It had actually gotten about 200 megs into the upload and failed, so I tried to restart it and it began from the beginning again. :erk:

If it played audio -and- video for you, let me know and I'll start it over again.
That sucks! I wonder what the issue is? What FTP client are you using? My server is running Serv-U and supports resuming transfers and you have the rights to do that too. I use CuteFTP and it works very well for me. I have also successfully used FTP Voyager, bu don't like the interface very much. The clip I saw yesterday had audio and video but was very short. The 200M+ file there now is the same name, but Media Player crashes every time I try to open it. I really do appreciate you ULing this stuff. Hopefully we'll work through these issues and it will stop being a pain on the ass!

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

%
pop, pop, pop music
pop, pop, pop music
%

-M

:)
Feelin' a bit crazy? The sad thing is that I remember that song. :lol: ANd no, not the redone one.

Crud, I could have played 'em on my car stereo behind Sidelines after the show if I'd known. :)

They're similar enough that if you like Pain of Salvation, you'll likely like MindFlow. They've done a cover of "Undertow" (or was it "Rope Ends"?) before, but sadly, not at Texas MadFest.

Very cool guys, too. They talk to BIRDS! :lol: :kickass:
No problem. Thanks all the same! I actually have access to it, just haven't had a chance to really give it a good listen yet. Especially last month while getting ready for the show! So much music to listen to and check out it sometimes takes time for me to get around to listening to something. I try to give each thing I try at least 3-5 plays before passing judgement. There are many groups that did not hit me right away that eventually became high on my list. Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, Pathosray, and Riverside are all prime examples. Now Evergrey and PoS are among my all-time favorites (esp. EG) and Riverside is really catching on with me and I now own all three CDs. I really like the Pathosray disk, but since they only have one, I can't call them a favorite group yet! ;)

Well, if they talk to birds, they'll get along GREAT with Matt! He has quite a few as pets. In particular is the one named "Major." VERY cool bird!!! I believe it is an African Grey Parrot. Matt can say for sure.

I think I'll go check out that Mindflow as soon as Sieges Even gets done!